When it comes to baby essentials, on top of baby milk formula, baby diapers and baby wipes top the list. You will be surprised how many of these you will have to go through, especially during the first year. A baby poops several times a day, meaning changing and cleaning your baby will likely be a full-time job! You want wipes that are soft and gentle to the skin, yet tough on dirty messes. Find wipes that are large enough in size to cover your palm so it makes your job easier, and thick enough such that the mess does not penetrate right through to your skin. There is much to consider, but most importantly, you want a baby wipe that is safe and gentle on your baby’s skin so it does not cause rashes or irritation. As babies have different skin, you may need to try a few brands to find out which is most suitable for your baby. We’ve done our research to bring you the best baby wipes in Singapore – let’s check them out!
Exclusive Shopee Promo for TWV Readers!
Before you go, do not forget to download our free Baby Voucher Booklet. We have prepared a Newborn Must-Haves Checklist for you, along with discount vouchers that you can enjoy for your baby shopping. Click the image below to access your copy. Enjoy!
|Disclosure: Our aim is to help you buy the best wipes for your baby. We have included affiliate links in this article for your convenience. They come at no extra cost to you, but if you purchase through our site, we get a small commission or bonus which keeps our site running and allow us to continue creating free content for you. That being said, we only recommend products that we trust to buy and use for ourselves. Thank you for your support! For more info on our disclosure policy, click here.|
Make sure to apply for a credit card that will give you rebates for extra savings.
How much do baby wipes cost?
|Baby Wipes||Packaging||Sheets||Price||Price per sheet|
|Babyganics Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes||1 x 80 sheets||80||$11.40||$0.14|
|WaterWipes Pure Sensitive Baby Wipes||9 x 60 sheets||540||53.32||$0.10|
|Huggies Clean Care Baby Wipes||3 x 20 sheets||60||$3.95||$0.07|
|Offspring Plant-Based Baby Wipes||4 x 80 sheets||320||$19.90||$0.06|
|Cloversoft Baby Wipes||3 x 70 sheets||210||$11.90||$0.06|
|NUK Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes||3 x 80 sheets||240||$13||$0.05|
|Nature Love Mere Baby Wipes||10 x 70 sheets||700||$35.90||$0.05|
|Pigeon Baby Wipes||6 x 80 sheets||480||18.95||$0.04|
|Oldam Baby Wipes||10 x 70 sheets||700||$21.89||$0.03|
|Kodomo Baby Wipes||1 x 70 sheets||70||$2||$0.03|
Best Baby Wipes Buy in Singapore
While pricer than most wipes, you get what you pay for with Babyganics Baby Wipes. These gentle fragrance-free wipes are made for the most sensitive skin. It features a paraben-free formula that cleans while gently nourishing with its skin conditioning ingredients. Formulated with plant-derived ingredients, it is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and made without any artificial dyes. Paediatrician & Dermatologist tested, these Babyganic wipes are non-allergenic and safe for baby’s use. You can get a carton of 400 sheets here.
Also, check out Babyganics all-purpose surface wipes, they are very useful for cleaning up surfaces like kitchen countertops, high chairs, toys, furniture and more. As baby starts crawling and touching every surface they can find, you know the drill: pop the top, wipe the mess, close the lid.
Why buy this:
- Gentle, fragrance-free wipes
- A paraben-free formula that contains skin conditioning plant-derived ingredients
- Non-allergenic and safe for baby’s use
WaterWipes was recommended to me by a fellow mum who likes the fact that WaterWipes is nicely moist. Made in Ireland, WaterWipes has the slogan as the “world’s purest baby wipes”. Made with only two ingredients – 99.9% water and a drop of fruit extract, these baby wipes are recommended by midwives for diaper rash or skin allergies. 95% of healthcare professionals*, WaterWipes are approved by Skin Health Alliance, Allergy UK and have the National Eczema Association of America’s seal of acceptance. If you find some wipes are too dry and rough for your baby’s skin, give WaterWipes a try! Also available in a bundle of 4.
*source: A survey of 403 healthcare professionals at AWHONN 2019
Why buy this:
- Made in Ireland
- Made with only two ingredients – 99.9% water and a drop of fruit extract
- Recommended for diaper rash or skin allergies
Huggies Wipes has 3 variants for you to choose from – Clean Care, Pure Clean and Nourishing Clean. Their baby wipes are skin-loving. Alcohol-free, paraben-free and MIT-free, Huggies wipes are clinically tested to be safe for skin including hands, face and body. The fabric is soft, thick and absorbent enough to help you deal with the biggest messes. The wipes pack is also specially designed with EZ pull for dispensing 1 wipe at a time (you will be surprised how useful this function is when you are in a hurry to clean a crying baby!).
If you want a better fibre, go for Huggies Pure Clean, as their natural fibres claim to clean four times better than ordinary, spun lace wipes. It is also formulated with 100% Pure Water that has been through an 8-step purification process.
Huggies Nourishing Clean are made of the same strong fabric, but additionally comes enriched with cocoa extract and shea butter for a moisturising effect. These wipes will help to clean, hydrate, soothe, and nourish your baby’s delicate skin all at the same time.
Why buy this:
- Alcohol-free, paraben-free and MIT-free
- Fabric is soft, thick and absorbent enough
- Wipes pack is designed with EZ pull for dispensing 1 wipe at a time
This premium, ultra-soft baby wipes by Offspring are made of a towel-like biodegradable fibre material that has no polyester (plastic) component. The fabric is soft yet strong, suitable for gentle cleansing on baby’s delicate skin but will not tear so easily when cleaning your baby’s bum. Not only is it eco-friendly, but it is also chemical-free, made without fragrances or harmful chemicals. Certified Cruelty-Free and completely vegan, Offspring baby wipes are made with FSC certified plant-cellulose material. They are biodegradable so you can dispose of them without worry! If you want something that is perfect for both baby and mother earth, these wipes are your pick!
Why buy this:
- Premium and ultra-soft
- Made of strong yet soft fabric
- Eco-friendly, chemical-free, cruelty-free and completely vegan
- Biodegradable so you can dispose of them without worry
Cloversoft organic wipes are made from 100% unbleached bamboo. Their patented technology creates baby wipes that are free of plastics, petroleum & pesticides. Using organic and plant-based ingredients, their wipes are thicker and larger than usual wipes, which is a true lifesaver, especially for big messes.
Tested by dermatologists to be safe for babies and all types of skin, you can feel free to use these wipes for bum, face, and mouth. Free of alcohol, formaldehyde and harmful chemicals, these wipes are unscented, non-toxic and food-grade. Cloversoft baby wipes also contains 50% more certified organic aloe vera (certified by EcoCert) for extra moisturising, so your baby’s bum will remain soft and tender, always. Pair with Cloversoft Bamboo Unbleached Tissues.
Why buy this:
- Made from 100% unbleached bamboo
- Free of plastics, petroleum & pesticides
- Wipes are thicker and larger than usual options
- Unscented, alcohol-free, non-toxic and food-grade
For a fuss-free changing experience, go for these fragrance-free NUK baby wipes that are extra-large, strong and perfect for sensitive skin. These wipes are ideal for nappy changes and to freshen up any mess. The smaller dispensing hole ensures a better seal so wipes will be unlikely to dry out. Moistened using purified water, NUK wipes do not contain any alcohol and are not bleached by chlorine. Its soft feel is suitable for delicate areas. You can also check out NUK dry cotton wipes, which you can use dry or wet with water.
Why buy this:
- Large, strong and gentle on sensitive skin
- Wipes pack feature a smaller hole for better seal
- Alcohol-free, fragrance-free and not bleached by chlorine
Made in Korea, these baby wipes are very popular on Shopee, Nature Love Mere is a brand that manufactures baby wipes and baby laundry detergent. Said to be large (180 x 200mm), thick (70g thickness per piece), soft and moist, these wipes are anti-bacterial and contain no preservatives. Containing extracts from natural ingredients such as mung bean, chamomile, lavender and jasmine, these wipes are moisturising and nourishing for the skin. Its soft embossed fabric and high absorbency make cleaning baby a gentle and easy process. Contains water that is purified with a 6-step process, these wipes have also passed a heavy metal screening and antibacterial test.
Why buy this:
- Made in Korea
- Popular on Shopee
- Large, thick, soft, moist fabric is embossed for easy cleaning
- Anti-bacterial and contain no preservatives
- Containing extracts from natural ingredients that moisturise and nourish baby’s skin
Pigeon baby wipes are one of the most well-known wipes in Singapore. Made of 100% pure water, it is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and eczema-prone skin. Dermatologically tested and microbiologically tested, it is safe for infants to use. Best of all, the price is affordable and the travel pack makes it easy for you to carry around on the go. Check out the carton pricing here.
Why buy this:
- Made of 100% pure water
- Suitable for eczema-prone skin
- Dermatologically tested and microbiologically tested
Made in Korea, Oldam Baby Wipes are very popular on Shopee with over 8.3k sold! These wipes are made with thick and soft embossed fabric and feature a high absorbency. It contains 99.9% purified water from a 6-step purification process and has an extract from natural ingredients from Jeju Saryeoni forest. Safe, moisturising and made with FDA approved ingredients, Oldam baby wipes are popular because they are not only of good quality but a good price. The packaging is pretty and it also comes in travel-sized packets too!
Why buy this:
- Made in Korea
- Very popular on Shopee
- Made with 99.9% water and extract from natural ingredients from Jeju Saryeoni forest
- Safe, moisturising and made with FDA-approved ingredients
- Affordable price
If you are looking for cheap baby wipes Singapore, Kodomo is your pick! Kodomo baby wipes are budget-friendly at only $0.03 per piece without you having to buy in a carton! Made in Taiwan, Kodomo these wipes are mild and soft and suitable for all age groups. Fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free and soap-free, the pH-balanced formula cleanses gently without stripping off skin’s natural moisture. You can use it for anything, diaper change, hands and face cleaning or just a quick freshen up!
Why buy this:
- Cheap baby wipes that are budget-friendly
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free and soap-free
- pH-balanced formula
Tips on buying baby wipes
While wipes might seem like a basic product, there are minor differences that can make a big difference when it comes to cleaning your baby. Here are some pointers you might want to take note of, in order to find the best wipes for you and baby.
1. Fragrance-free: Some wipes come lightly scented to mask any nasty smells. But if your baby has very sensitive skin, do opt for fragrance-free. More importantly, make sure the wipes are chemical-free. The good quality scented and well-reputable wipes usually contain natural extracts and should not cause any skin irritation.
2. The thickness of baby wipes: Choose wipes that are not thick enough to wipe off heavy messes without having your skin come into contact with poop. Worse are wipes that will easily tear or shred when you use them. Slightly thicker wipes are also more absorbent and can help clean up messes more easily. At the same time, you do not want to get wipes too thick such that they are rough, or difficult to wipe the delicate folds of your baby’s bottom.
3. Embossed/textured design: Some wipes like the Korean Oldam Baby Wipes come with an embossed texture. The textured design aims to help pick up stains or messes more efficiently and might make clean-up more hassle-free. That said, if your baby’s skin is very sensitive, some textured fabric might not be suitable as it might have a slightly more abrasive effect.
4. Size of wipes: It’s better to get wipes that are bigger than smaller in size. That said, it should be paired with the right thickness. Too large and thin might cause an even bigger mess.
5. Environmentally friendly: I would encourage parents to get wipes that are biodegradable, like the Offspring Plant-Based Baby Wipes. You will be using a lot of wipes and diapers during the first few years, and it can lead to your baby leaving a huge carbon footprint behind. Buying wipes that are plant-based and biodegradable are not only better for the environment, but you can also ensure that your baby is not coming into contact with harmful plastics, chemicals and bleach.
6. Flushable wipes? I would not encourage you to flush wipes down the toilet bowl as they might cause pipes to be clogged, which will lead to an even bigger problem and plumbing issues that will end up costing you more in terms of both convenience and money. While tempting to do so outside, please refrain from flushing down your wipes and always dispose of them properly.
7. Cost of baby wipes: While inexpensive when you buy them in packets, baby wipes will add up to be quite a sum because of the frequency and quantity you will need. Each time you change a diaper, it is likely you will use between 5 to 10 wipes depending on whether it is poop or pee. You will change your baby’s diaper around 6 to 10 times a day, which means you can easily go through a packet (80-100 sheets) every day! So while you want to choose baby wipes suitable for your baby, it needs to reasonably fit your budget as well. Baby wipes can cost about $0.03 to $0.14 per piece. Once you have figured out which baby wipes to use for your baby, get them in bulk so that you can save more.
I hope our guide on the best baby wipes Singapore has helped you to find a suitable pick for your baby. Do remember that every baby is different, and not every wipe might be suitable for your baby, so do not feel stressed when trying out different brands. Do share this with your friends and family if you’ve found the information useful. Meanwhile, check out our other baby guides below!
Other Baby Buying Guides:
|Want to be featured on The Wedding Vow? Email [email protected] or [email protected] for media.|