As with buying a television, buying a refrigerator or fridge in Singapore can feel equally as daunting. As refrigerators are big purchase items, you will want to buy a good fridge that will last. The average life expectancy of a fridge is a decade or more, and you will want your investment to be worth it. When it came to buying my fridge for the new home, I initially thought I could figure it out just by visiting a consumer electronics store. But the rows of options made it an even bigger challenge.
There are so many fridge brands, configurations, sizes, and features… it felt impossible to figure it out on the spot (especially with a salesperson hovering around). I figured I needed to do more research before stepping into another store. So here is all the useful information, compiled into our Fridge/Refrigerator Singapore Buying Guide that will help you buy the right fridge for your new home. If you don’t have time to read through the entire guide, make sure you cover Sections 1 (quick tips) and 2 (8 best refrigerators in Singapore).
This article was last updated on 5 January 2023.
Best Fridges Singapore
Table of Contents
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. They come at no extra cost to you, but if you purchase through our site, we get a small commission or bonus which keeps our site running and allow us to continue creating free content for you. That being said, we only recommend vendors that we trust to use for ourselves. Thank you for your support! For more info on our disclosure policy, click here.|
Quick Tips on Buying a Fridge in Singapore
If you don’t have time to read through this entire guide, this section serves as a quick summary for you. Do check out the next section where we share a summary of the best fridges in Singapore.
- A quick summary of how to choose your fridge is to first figure out what size will fit in your kitchen, followed by the storage size that fits with the needs of your household. Then decide on your door style, the features you want, and the budget you have for the refrigerator.
- Make sure to buy your fridge from a reputable brand like Samsung and LG (I name the best refrigerator brands below). There is no point in skimping on your refrigerator as it is a worthy investment. Your fridge is expected to last a decade or more. If you are on a tight budget, opt for a traditional top-mount freezer model that can go below $1,000 for a good size.
- The cost of a refrigerator in Singapore can sit anywhere from $500 to $5,000 onwards. I would suggest budgeting about $1,000 – $2,000 for your refrigerator. That budget will allow you to browse through pretty good options of good sizes.
- Buy fridges that are energy efficient. Look out for the energy label and buy a refrigerator in Singapore with at least 2-3 ticks.
Make sure to apply for a credit card that will give you rebates so you have extra savings.
9 Best Fridges in Singapore (Our Recommendations)
Table of Contents
FAQs – Buying a Fridge in Singapore
How much does a fridge cost?
Refrigerators can cost anywhere between $500 to more than $5,000. While you may be tempted to get a cheap refrigerator, I strongly discourage you to do so. It pays to get a good one from a reputable brand so that your refrigerator will last long (at least a decade). The last thing you want is to have it break down with all your food going bad inside it.
Furthermore, the inconveniences you face down the road to repair or replace your refrigerator are not worth saving tens more dollars upon purchase. That being said, my goal here is for you to be able to buy a fridge that suits your needs and budget as well. I am not asking you to burn a hole in your wallet just on a refrigerator alone and not have money for anything else.
What are the things I need to consider when buying a fridge in Singapore?
The usual considerations when buying a fridge are as follows. I will also go through them in detail below under the section how do I choose which fridge to buy?
Which is the best fridge brand?
The well-known brands for fridges in Singapore are:
- Popular fridge brands: Samsung, LG
- Other good refrigerator brands: Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, Sharp, Electrolux
- If you are on a budget, cheaper brands include Europace, PowerPac, Midea
- If budget is not a consideration, Bosch is a premium brand
My personal favourite brands are Samsung and LG. We got a Samsung SpaceMax 647L Side-by-Side fridge for our home. Bosch is also a good brand, but it is slightly pricer.
Which is the best place to buy a fridge in Singapore?
You used to only be able to buy fridges in Singapore from stores, but now you can purchase them online for the ultimate convenience and enjoy discounted prices! Lazada and Shopee are my go-to for shopping for electronics. If you prefer to see the refrigerator in person, you can always pop by any of these consumer electronic stores near you to check it out before purchasing it online.
How Do I Choose Which Fridge to Buy?
1. Measuring Space
The first step is to measure the space in your kitchen that is dedicated to your fridge. This is even more important if you are buying a condominium or apartment that already comes with a pre-allocated space. While it is okay to buy something smaller (though it might look a bit awkward with too much space around the edges), buying something too big will result in it not being able to fit. Make sure to leave 50mm of space around the back and sides for the heat to dissipate.
Another thing to note is to measure your doorway. Do make sure that your refrigerator can fit through the door into your kitchen. That being said, the delivery people usually can dismantle the door of the refrigerator to fit through the door and reassemble it back when in the kitchen.
2. Storage Size / Capacity
The next point to consider is storage size. For storage size, look out for the litre capacity the fridge has.
Depending on the size of your household, you want to ensure that there is enough space to serve your family. Do also consider your lifestyle i.e. how often you grocery shop and cook. If you prefer to eat out, a smaller refrigerator will work. If you often host dinners like Matt and I do, opt for a bigger fridge.
For a household with two people, a capacity of 300 litres will work. For an average family of four, get a model that is above 400 litres.
3. Door configuration
Next up on the list is door configuration. Modern fridges in Singapore also come in many different shapes and sizes. Each style has its own strengths and weaknesses, of which I will go through below. You will want to get one that suits your lifestyle and needs.
Top Mount Freezer
This is the classic fridge design that has been around for decades. Also, the top freezer has the main chiller section at the bottom and a smaller freezer compartment at the top. It is the most common design, and therefore the cheapest.
Buy: If you are on a budget, don’t need fancy extras, and have a small kitchen, get the top freezer. It is the most compact model and usually the most affordable.
Don’t buy: If you want high style, lots of features, and lots of storage (especially a freezer).
Best Top Mount Freezer:
Latest HarvestFresh™ technology
Inspired by nature and powered by light, the Beko RDNT401E50VZK Top Freezer Fridge with Harvest Fresh introduces a whole new way to keep our fruits and veggies fresh all the time. As we all know, plants need both sunlight and darkness for their optimal growth. Moreover, the latest HarvestFresh™ technology provides a natural living environment for your plant-based food by mimicking the natural daylight cycle. This also means that the usual colours from sunlight (red, blue, and green) are applied periodically inside the fridge crisper. So, it ensures that your fruits and veggies have their Vitamin A and C levels naturally preserved.
3x longer shelf life for fresh produce
In addition to the vitamin levels being preserved, you can also count on this fridge to lengthen the shelf life of your fruits and veggies. It also promises up to 3x longer shelf life, so your fresh produce can last for up to 30 days. And thanks to the Everfresh+ and Neofrost™ Dual Cooling Technology, there will be less temperature variation in the fridge crisper, and the ideal humidity level on the fridge is precisely achieved. Hence, you can have fewer grocery trips without compromising the health benefits of the food you serve.
Powerful inverter compressor
Even though the Beko RDNT401E50VZK is capable of cooling your food two times faster, rest assured that it will not double your usual electric bill. Its ProSmart™ Inverter Compressor is also extremely powerful despite the lower energy consumption. It also works intelligently, adjusting the operating levels based on the cooling requirement of the fridge. There is also a vacation mode that reduces energy consumption even further when you are away on a holiday.
What we especially like about this Beko fridge is that its compressor is 4x quieter than the average noise level in other refrigerators. So you do not have to worry about a buzzing background sound in your kitchen while you cook.
Why buy this:
- Latest HarvestFresh™ technology to naturally preserve Vitamin A and C levels
- Three times longer shelf life for fresh produce
- Powerful inverter compressor for lower electricity bills
- Active odour filter
- 300 to 400-litre refrigerator volume
Beko promo code:
|Use coupon code TWV20 on CASA’s website to get 20% off|
|Check price on Casa E-Shop >|
Experience the ultimate in refrigeration luxury with the Samsung RT62K7057BS/SS, a top-mounted freezer refrigerator with a spacious 620L capacity that combines style and practicality flawlessly. This refrigerator has been carefully crafted with precision and elegance, embodying Samsung’s commitment to innovation and ensuring your food stays in the best possible condition.
With its sleek stainless-steel exterior and smart digital inverter technology for energy efficiency, every aspect of this refrigerator has been thoughtfully designed. Further, this is also the perfect choice for discerning Singaporean households, showcasing Samsung’s dedication to providing high-quality appliances. Upgrade your kitchen’s appearance while enjoying freshness and convenience at its best.
Why buy this:
- Samsung’s Twin Cooling Plus™ technology cools the fridge and freezer compartments separately with two independent cooling systems. This also creates an optimal environment that keeps your food fresh longer with 70% humidity, as compared to 30% in a conventional model. Moreover, this prevents unpleasant odours from mixing between the refrigerator and the freezer.
- This fridge also comes with two separate air flows and precise temperature control, the Twin Cooling Plus™ system prevents unpleasant odours from mixing between the fridge and freezer, ensuring that the original flavour of ingredients stored in the freezer is preserved.
- Its unique SpaceMax™ Technology enables the walls to be much thinner whilst still ensuring optimal insulation, storing more food with a spacious interior that holds up to 620 litres. More storage space is created without increasing the external dimensions or compromising energy efficiency.
- Lastly, this refrigerator comes with Samsung’s Digital Inverter Technology, which automatically adjusts the compressor speed in response to cooling demand. This will help to minimise noise and reduce wear and tear, resulting in longer-lasting performance. The compressor is backed with a 10-year warranty.
- I especially like this model because it looks sleek and comes at an affordable price. This is the refrigerator I bought for my mother’s place.
|Check price on Shopee >|
If you want a smaller capacity, check out, Samsung RT38K503ADX 384L.
Bottom Mount Freezer
This is the opposite of the top-mount freezer. The chiller section is at the top, while the freezer compartment is at the bottom. On average, this configuration will be slightly larger than top-mount freezers. The benefit of a bottom mount freezer is that it provides easier access to fresh items, which will be at eye level. But on the other hand, frozen food will then be tougher to reach, so getting that pack of frozen nuggets might take some effort. Also, this design is said to use up more energy because the freezer is located nearer to the compressors.
Buy: If you want more room for frozen food and easier access to fresh items.
Don’t buy: If you cannot stand bending down to get your frozen food.
Best Bottom Mount Freezer:
Upgrade your kitchen with the Electrolux 421L NutriFresh Inverter Bottom Freezer, a perfect blend of style and functionality. With its sleek Arctic Silver or Gold finish, this refrigerator not only adds a touch of elegance to your space but also ensures optimal freshness for your food. The NutriFresh Inverter technology keeps fruits and vegetables crisper for longer, preserving their natural goodness.
Additionally, the spacious 421L capacity provides ample room for all your groceries, making it an ideal choice for families. The bottom freezer design also enhances accessibility to frozen items, ensuring convenience in your daily kitchen routine. Engineered with advanced features and a modern aesthetic, this Electrolux refrigerator is a must-have for households looking to elevate their refrigeration experience.
Why buy this:
- TasteLock Crisper and NutriPlus ™ filter to keep fruits and vegetables fresh for up to 7 days
- TasteGuard technology eliminates 99.8% of bacteria
- High-gloss rose gold finish for the perfect centrepiece of a modern kitchen
- Also has a flexible door bin space to store large bottles to small jars
|Check price on Shopee >|
|View Electrolux products here >|
Level up your kitchen with the Samsung RL4354RBABS/SS 436L Two-Door Fridge, a sleek and efficient addition to modern households. This refrigerator not only redefines storage but also combines style with functionality seamlessly. The spacious 436L capacity also provides ample room for all your groceries, making it an ideal choice for families and those who love to entertain. Furthermore, the innovative bottom-mount freezer design ensures easy access to frozen goods, optimizing convenience in your daily routine.
With a Three-Ticks energy efficiency rating, this Samsung fridge is not only a testament to cutting-edge technology but also a responsible choice for environmentally conscious consumers. Upgrade your refrigeration experience with the Samsung RL4354RBABS/SS and discover the latest in fridges, in Singapore, at your fingertips.
Why buy this:
- This model comes with Samsung’s digital inverter compressor that automatically adjusts the compressor speed in response to cooling demand. It also uses less energy, minimises noise, and reduces wear and tear for longer-lasting performance. The compressor comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Uniquely, this model comes with a foldable shelf that gives you the flexibility to fit taller items (a problem I always face when trying to fit bottles into the main compartment as they are too tall to stand).
- The door guards have been made deeper for more storage (can hold two rows of sofa cans).
- Also has a deodorising filter and an activated carbon filter, ensuring your food stays preserved and fresh for longer
|Check price on Shopee and Lazada >|
Side-By-Side Door Fridge
For this design, the fridge and freezer are located side by side. This design is gaining popularity due to its greater range of features (i.e. water and ice dispenser, touch controls) and elegant design. For our new home, I initially planned to buy a top-mounted fridge but ended up buying a side-by-side fridge due to our narrow kitchen (the doors are narrower than the top or bottom mounts). It ended up being the best decision I made because the large freezer space is so useful.
Buy: If you want ample storage and modern features, or if you have a narrow kitchen
Don’t buy: I can’t really think of a downside of this refrigerator other than it might be slightly pricer than the first two types. That being said, you can get some pretty good discounts on older models.
Best Side-By-Side Door Fridge in Singapore:
Introducing the Samsung SpaceMax Side-by-Side Refrigerator, a true marvel of design and innovation for the heart of your kitchen. With its capacious 647L capacity, this refrigerator not only caters to the demands of large households but also redefines storage convenience with its intelligent SpaceMax technology. The Gentle Gold finish adds a touch of sophistication to your kitchen aesthetic, while the Side-by-Side configuration ensures easy organization and access to your groceries.
Engineered with a Two-Ticks energy efficiency rating, Samsung prioritizes not just style and functionality but also sustainability. Discover the pinnacle of refrigeration technology with the Samsung SpaceMax, offering a harmonious blend of space, style, and eco-friendliness.
Why buy this:
- This model uses SpaceMax Technology™ to increase the storage space without increasing the dimensions
- Twin Cooling Plus™ ensures optimal humidity, so food stays fresher
- This refrigerator comes with Precise Chef Cooling Technology. The independent coolers in every compartment cool every corner evenly while advanced insulation reduces any temperature fluctuation.
- Digital Inverter Technology senses and controls temperature precisely to ensure ultimate freshness
- Also comes with an ice and water dispenser for ultimate convenience.
- The sleek and stylish design elevates your kitchen aesthetic
|Check price on Shopee >|
If you want cheaper side-by-side fridges in Singapore without the ice/water dispenser, you can check out Samsung RS62K61A17P 620L Side-by-Side Fridge with Twin Cooling Plus, 3 Ticks.
French Door Fridge
This is a combination of side-by-side and bottom-freezer models. The French door fridge is a culmination of trying to offer it all. Because of that, these are usually the priciest options, packed with advanced features and smart compartments. But the benefit of French door refrigerators with multiple doors is that you do not end up opening the entire compartment just to grab a drink, so your refrigerator gets to save energy regulating only that unit you have just opened.
Buy: If you have a big budget and want the nicest refrigerator money can buy
Don’t buy: If you are hunting for a bargain
Step into the future of refrigeration with the Mitsubishi MR-WX70C 6-Door Refrigerator, a masterpiece that seamlessly blends innovation and elegance. Boasting a generous net capacity of 576L, this refrigerator is not just a storage solution but a lifestyle upgrade. The 6-door configuration provides dedicated compartments for various food items, ensuring optimal organization and preservation.
Mitsubishi’s cutting-edge technology, coupled with sleek design aesthetics, makes this appliance a focal point in any modern kitchen. The MR-WX70C is not just about form, but also function, with features like multi-function compartments and energy efficiency. Elevate your culinary space with this Mitsubishi marvel, setting a new standard for fridges in Singapore.
Why buy this:
- This Mitsubishi 6-door fridge is the ultimate refrigerator for a luxury home. Moreover, the tempered glass doors make for a classy finish. Made in Japan, this fridge is a combination of functional and fancy. It also comprises of Mitsubishi Electric Neuro Inverter compressor which gradually slows or speeds up to maintain optimum temperatures, so it does not matter whether you open your refrigerator doors often, or leave them closed on a vacation.
- This compressor is more efficient compared to a traditional fixed-speed compressor. It also adopts a technology that memorises your household usage patterns, meaning it runs on minimal energy overnight to save more energy.
|Check price on Lazada >|
For a cheaper model, check out Hitachi R-W635P4MS 509L 4-Door Fridge, 2 Ticks. If you prefer another brand, check out LG 601L Multi Door Refrigerator with Inverter Linear Compressor, 3 Ticks.
Compact Door Fridge
Also known as a mini-fridge or bar fridge, these compact door refrigerators are usually seen in hotel rooms. Its smaller size and reduced capacity make it perfect for keeping smaller stuff such as beverages, juices, and fruits. It is a refrigerator for the lounge or bar.
Best Compact Fridge in Singapore:
Say goodbye to constantly running to the kitchen for a refreshing drink or a quick snack. This compact fridge brings convenience right to your fingertips, keeping your favourite foods and beverages chilled and ready whenever you need them. With its sleek and modern design, the Beko Table Top Mini Fridge also effortlessly blends into any space, whether it’s your office, dorm room, or even a small kitchen. Don’t be fooled by its size, though – it offers a surprising 200 litres of storage capacity, providing ample room for all your essentials.
What makes this mini fridge even more impressive is its versatility. Adjustable shelves and a cleverly designed door shelf allow you to optimize the space and fit all your items just the way you like. From cans of soda to leftovers or even a pint of ice cream, everything has its place.
Why buy this:
- This fridge though tiny comes with a freezer compartment. There is also lighting inside, and a reversible door for flexibility.
Beko promo code:
|Use coupon code TWV20 to get 20% off|
|Check price on CASA >|
If you want an option that separates the freezer and chiller, check out Powerpac PPF85 71Litre Bar Fridge, 2 Ticks
Single Door Fridge
Keeping to its namesake, single-door refrigerators have yes you guessed it, only 1 door. Due to the space constraints of this design, the freezer compartment tends to be very small. Most people purchase this not for their kitchens, but for their entertainment room. You will be able to find some very interesting and retro designs for single-door fridges in Singapore.
Best Single-Door Fridge in Singapore:
Indulge in nostalgia with the SMEG FAB10 Retro Refrigerator, a charming addition to your kitchen that effortlessly marries style and functionality. Inspired by the iconic 50’s design, this compact yet spacious 135L bar fridge is indeed a testament to SMEG’s commitment to merging vintage aesthetics with modern convenience. Furthermore, its vibrant colours and rounded edges bring a touch of retro flair to any space, making it the perfect conversation starter.
Beyond its chic exterior, the FAB10 is also equipped with advanced cooling technology, ensuring your drinks and snacks are kept at the optimal temperature. Elevate your kitchen with this SMEG Retro Refrigerator, a true blend of old-world charm and contemporary efficiency, and add a touch of retro elegance to your fridge.
Why buy this:
- SMEG has introduced a retro series to relive the era when we kept soda bottles in these fridges. Plus, the vintage retro design and vibrant colour are attractive and will make for a conversation starter!
|Check price on Shopee >|
Another option to check out would be the Tecno TFR1288 1 Door Retro Fridge.
For those of you who love to drink wine, you probably know that wine tastes best when stored at its optimum temperature. A wine cooler creates the most ideal condition to store your wine compared to household fridges in Singapore, which is an environment too cold for the wine.
A white wine that is too cold can taste too tart, whereas reds that are too warm can taste fruitless and unstructured. And at the wrong temperature, wines can also lose all the aromas that you may enjoy. Household refrigerators are also designed to remove the humidity from the air in your fridges, whereas a wine cooler maintains the humidity, to keep your corks wet and slow down the aging process.
Storing your wine at the right temperature will allow it to age successfully, and a wine cooler will keep your wine drinkable for a much longer period of time, even improving the taste of many wines. If you are a wine lover, be sure to get your own cooler. It is much cheaper than a cellar and will ensure your good wines don’t go to waste!
Best Wine Cooler to Buy:
Elevate your wine collection with the Europace 33 Bottles EWC 1331S Wine Cooler, a sophisticated and functional addition to any connoisseur’s repertoire. With a sleek design and a capacity to accommodate up to 33 bottles, this wine cooler also combines style with efficiency, ensuring your favorite vintages are stored at their optimum temperatures. Moreover, the dual-zone cooling system allows you to customize settings for reds and whites, providing the perfect environment for each varietal. Whether you’re a seasoned collector or just starting to explore the world of wine, Europace delivers on quality and reliability.
|Check price on Shopee and Lazada >|
For an even bigger storage capacity, check out Bosch 368L KSW38940 Dual-Zone Wine Cooler (197 bottles).
4. Energy Efficiency
Make sure to buy fridges in Singapore that are energy efficient. The last thing you want is for your refrigerator to bump up your electrical bill and you get a whopping sum to pay off each month. Also, it’s easy to find energy-efficient fridges in Singapore: just look for the energy label like the one above!
Get a fridge with at least 2 to 3 ticks. It can pay off to spend more for a refrigerator with one more tick, as the bill savings can offset the higher cost you pay for the fridge at the start. For example, if an extra tick allows you to save $10 per month on electricity, that will work up to $120 per year, and $1,200 for 10 years or more, which is the life expectancy of a good refrigerator in Singapore.
The modern refrigerators of today have plenty of new features. Some brands also have their own patented technology that can improve your refrigerator performance i.e. Samsung’s Twin Cooling Plus. Whether practical or fancy, it is key to figure out which features are essential to you. Here are some of the add-on features that we’ve seen:
- Ice/water dispenser: this one can also be particularly useful, especially if you fancy that ice-cold drink after a long day at work. Check out Samsung RS64R5304B4/SS for this function.
- Quick chill: Need something to chill quickly? This function also allows you to prep for a party just hours in advance by quickly chilling your drinks, or if you are making that delicious no-bake tiramisu of yours. Check out Samsung RT46K237DX for this function.
- Convertible compartments: This allows you to make your fridge more flexible by converting your freezer to a chiller if needed.
- Touch screens with digital smarts: Smart TVs are now the norm, and soon our refrigerators will all turn smart too.
Cheap Fridges in Singapore
If you have a tight budget, here are some fridges/refrigerators in Singapore that is affordable. If you are on a budget, I suggest going for the top-mounted design and doing away with any fancy or high-tech features. That said, I would only choose to buy a refrigerator with at least 2 ticks, as I think the higher bill charges that you get from 1 tick are not worth the cheaper price upon purchase. I also only shortlist well-known brands as they have proven reliability.
The last thing I want for you is to buy a cheap fridge thinking you saved a lot of money, only to have it spoil quickly and have to replace it with another, resulting in inconvenience and more money spent.
Cheapest Top-Mounted Freezer Refrigerators in Singapore:
Under 300 Litre Capacity:
Electrolux ETB2802H-A 256L NutriFresh 2 Door Fridge (2 Ticks)
Samsung RT25FARAD 255L 2 Door Fridge (2 Ticks)
Exactly 300 – 400 Litre Capacity:
Samsung RT38K503ADX 384L Twin Cooling Plus Top Mount Freezer, (3 Ticks)
Above 400 Litre Capacity:
LG GT-B4387PZ 438 Litre 2 Door Fridge + Wifi (3 Ticks)/a>
Sharp SJ-PG55P 556Litre 2 Door Fridge (3 Ticks)
For other configurations, below are the cheapest refrigerators to buy in Singapore:
Side by Side Refrigerators:
Samsung RS62R5004M9 647L Spacemax Side by Side Fridge (2 Ticks)
French Door Refrigerators:
Hitachi R-W635P4MS 509 Litre 4 Door Fridge (2 Ticks)
Financing your home purchase
If you would like to take up a loan for your home purchases, consider a personal loan, as renovation loans do not give you the cash upfront. You can find the best personal loan suitable for you on Singsaver.
We hope that you found our Fridge/Refrigerator Singapore buying guide useful and that it helped you to buy a suitable refrigerator in Singapore for your home. Do also read our TV Buying guide. Please do share this with your friends. We will be publishing more buying guides soon.
Other Buying Guides: