You know you’re travelling with a baby when it seems like you’ve almost packed the entire house. Even if it’s just a simple stroll at the park or you’re taking baby on a routine check-up, it’s hard to believe how the list of things to bring don’t ever seem to end. That being said, every thoughtful, meticulous mum understands the need for scrutinising every diaper bag before making a purchase. Of course, we need to make sure it’s roomy, equipped with several compartments where you can quickly find baby’s essentials, and made with sturdy materials and craftmanship to carry all that weight for years. With the many choices available in the market, which then is the best diaper bag that’s perfect for you? In this article, we came up with a handy list of the best diaper bags in Australia, providing quality recommendations for every lifestyle, budget, and need.
Before you go, do not forget to download our free Baby Voucher Booklet. We have prepared a Newborn Must-Haves Checklist for you, along with discount vouchers that you can enjoy for your baby shopping. Click the image below to access your copy. Enjoy!
|📱 Join our SG Mom & Baby Deals telegram group for giveaways and flash deals! Click here to join 📱|
|Exclusive Shopee Singapore Promo for TWV Readers!
🎫 Use coupon code TWVHOME on Home & Living to get $5 off $50
🎫 Use coupon code TWVTKB on Toys, Kids, & Babies to get $6 off $60
🎫 For new users: Use coupon code TWVNEW to get $12 off min spend of $20
Limited redemptions only
Click here to shop now >>
Table of contents
A lot of parents opt for reusable diapers. Not only are these sustainable, they’re also cheaper in the long run, and there are options made with skin-friendly fabrics perfect for baby’s delicate skin. And so, we love that this sleek, solid-coloured diaper bag from Bambino has been specially designed for reusable nappies. It has a generous space for around three to four cloth diapers, and it comes with a practical, water-resistant ‘messy pocket’ where you can safely store the soiled ones. Besides this unique feature, you’ll also appreciate the insulated ‘feed me’ pocket that comes in super handy for keeping baby’s milk, food, and drinks in their most ideal temperature.
The outer fabric, on the other hand, is lightweight, robust, and water-resistant, so this bag is truly travel-friendly. Plus, the flexible straps allow you to carry it as a backpack, shoulder bag, or go hands-free by simply hooking its grab-go handle onto the stroller.
Why buy this:
- Designed specifically with reusable diapers in mind
- Has spacious compartments for baby’s essentials including an insulated ‘feed me’ pocket for baby’s milk, food, and drinks
- Lightweight, durable, and water-resistant made from 100% polyester BPA-free fabric
- Sleek, solid-coloured and unisex design ideal for both mum and dad
- You can switch between backpack and shoulder bag
Who says a diaper bag should look like a diaper bag? This Babymel Robyn Backpack in posh and stylish pink proves that wrong. At a glance, this in fact looks like a girl’s schoolbag! Made with sleek faux leather, keeping its exterior neat and dirt-free is easy by simply wiping it down with a clean, slightly moist cloth. On top of that, this diaper bag makes nappy change hassle-free. There are built-in, easy-to-open side pockets that are uniquely designed and equipped with an inner dispenser slot from which you can easily pull the baby wipes through. It also comes with a machine-washable change mat to keep baby comfortable. In addition, perfect for those long strolls, commutes, or long waiting queues at the clinic, it has an insulated bottle holder with drawstring closure to keep baby’s milk either warm or cool for up to four hours.
Why buy this:
- Durable, sleek, and stylish
- Easy to maintain
- Opens wide yet it has a doubled zipped closure to keep contents securely tucked in
- Comes with machine washable changing mat
- Has built-in wipes dispenser
- Equipped with insulated bottle holder
- Can be carried as backpack, shoulder bag, crossbody, or handheld
When it comes to ease of accessibility, the classic tote is a favourite among mums. Unlike backpacks, you can easily pick an item from the inside without taking the bag off your shoulder. Plus, many mums love stylish totes. Take a look at this Oi Oi Nappy Bag for example. It is simple and practical yet stylish. But what makes it a great choice is its roomy main compartment and four exterior pockets, from which two are both insulated—perfect for bringing two prepped milk bottles. For convenient diaper change, this nappy bag comes with a padded change mat and a zip-top wet purse for used or soiled clothing. Whether crossbody or wear it as shoulder bag, you’ll love its lightweight and durable design.
Why buy this:
- Lightweight, durable, and water-resistant
- Comes with two compartments that provide up to two hours of insulation
- Roomy compartments
- Versatile wear (shoulder bag or crossbody)
- Comes with a padded change mat, zip-top wet purse, and a universal stroller strap
4. Storsak Noa
While minimalist on the outside, the Storsak Noa has a detailed interior that every mum will be delighted to find in a diaper bag. Equipped with spacious pockets, keep baby’s essentials and your own valuables securely organised and within reach all the time whenever you’re out and about. What we absolutely love about this nappy tote is that it’s constructed with high-quality canvas, which is a favourite material when it comes to easy maintenance and breathability. The bag is water-resistant so it doesn’t only look chic, it also stays hygienic and well put together the entire day. What’s more, it comes with practical and useful add-ons like a machine washable changing pad and stroller straps.
Why buy this:
- Crafted with high-quality canvas
- Minimalist chic design on the exterior, roomy compartments inside
- Water resistant and durable
- Comes with machine washable changing pad and stroller straps.
Some folks out there aren’t dads or mums yet, even so, they’re not shy about using a nappy bag as their work bag because of its functionality and durability. And as mentioned, nappy bags come in a variety of stylish designs that you’ll hardly notice they’re made specifically for baby’s essentials! We’re glad we’ve found this Isoki Madame Polly diaper bag. It’s proof that multi-pocketed nappy bags can be sophisticated, too, so, if you love chic bags and you’re a mum as well, it’s a win-win. If you’re looking for a good investment that will last beyond your little one’s toddler years, this is definitely the best catch that you can also use as a work bag on a regular basis.
But not to take away from its main features, the Isoki Madame Polly comes with a removable insulated bottle and snack bag, three spacious compartments ideal for keeping your personal belongings separate from baby’s items, or if you need to separate each of your child’s personal items in one bag, plus, an easy-to-wipe padded change mat.
Why buy this:
- Functional and sophisticated bag that you can use anywhere
- Equipped with spacious compartments
- Has a removable insulated bottle and snack bag
- Comes with an easy-to-wipe padded changing mat
When you have a baby, you don’t want to waste even a few precious seconds to get distracted trying hard to find something inside that bag, especially when your toddler gets cranky and jumps all over the place. So, opt for a diaper bag that opens wide, provides a clear view of contents, and keeps everything conveniently accessible. Now this sounds like the Skip Hop Wide Open Backpack. Aside from its main compartment, it’s crafted with lots of handy pockets for keeping all of your items organised. There’s even an easy access tech pocket for your phone or other valuables. And while easy to access, the two side bottle pockets are insulated. Because it’s a backpack, it’s super ergonomic, and the straps are also easy to adjust. Moreover, it comes with a cushioned changing pad, so baby can lie down comfortably during changing wherever and whenever that may be.
Why buy this:
- Wide open backpack with lots of handy pockets for keeping things organised
- Two side pockets are insulated—perfect for baby’s milk bottles
- Easy to carry around—thanks to its lightweight design
- Comes with a cushioned changing pad
Going on an overnight trip with your twins? You need an extra-large bag for sure! And our best pick for you is the Lassig Twin Nappy Bag. This huge, spacious bag has a room for everything for each of your babies—from baby food jars and milk bottles to a pacifier pocket for two. The bag itself is waterproof, and it’s wonderful that this comes as a complete package along with a water-resistant changing mat.
Why buy this:
- Extra-large bag uniquely designed for twins or those travelling with two babies
- Spacious main compartment plus roomy pockets for everything
- Waterproof, sturdy bag
- Comes with a water-resistant changing mat and stroller straps
Speaking of sophisticated diaper bags, this Storsak Stevie Luxe is indeed luxe it doesn’t look like something you’ll use to store baby’s drooled clothes. But of course, it’s more than just its chic look and feel. Crafted from durable water-resistant scuba, this diaper bag is up for anything unexpected when going out with a baby. It’s also very functional—it’s equipped with five spacious internal pockets to provide enough room for each of your little one’s essentials. Furthermore, this nappy bag comes with a matching insulated food and bottle bag to keep contents in their ideal temperature. There’s also a machine washable changing mat included in the package which is tucked in securely in a luxurious-looking pocket.
Why buy this:
- Large, spacious diaper bag that looks sophisticated
- Crafted with durable waterproof scuba
- Roomy pockets for easy organisation of items
- Comes with a matching insulated food and bottle bag and a machine washable changing mat plus a luxurious-looking pocket where you can store it
Whether you’re looking for a diaper bag in fresh solid colour or youthful, playful patterns, Babymel Georgi has a variety of colours and designs to suit your personal aesthetic. But what’s standout about this bag is that it’s ingeniously constructed from recycled plastic bottles! Come to think of it: Every purchase made, you can imagine a dozen plastic bottles cleaned up from the environment while helping mum and dad keep baby’s stuff well-organised in the bag’s spacious compartments when out and about. There’s even an anti-theft, easy to access back pocket for your phone and wallet. We also love its thoughtful multiway strap that has a comfortable shoulder padding. You can comfortably carry it as backpack or crossbody. Besides the insulated bottle pocket, we’ve also noticed that it has an accessible wipes dispenser on the side. Super practical! And oh, it comes with a machine washable padded changing mat, too!
Why buy this:
- Sustainably and ingeniously made from recycled plastic bottles
- Comes in a variety of colours and designs to suit every personal taste
- Multiway strap can be worn as backpack or crossbody
- Equipped with spacious compartments and an insulated bottle pocket plus a handy wipes dispenser
- Comes with a machine washable padded changing mat
High-quality craftmanship. Luxe design. We’re no longer surprised. That’s how Storsak does things. Every version of their diaper bags is exactly what we need in terms of function, ergonomics, and aesthetic. And this time, we’re putting the spotlight on a backpack from the same brand. We’re talking about the Storsak St. James. Its sports luxe styling and neutral colour means that it will look good either on mum or dad. But what’s more important is that it’s made with durable scuba with water resistant properties and is equipped with seven roomy pockets where you can securely store nappies, wipes, and baby’s change of clothes. Like other Storsak models, it comes with a matching insulated food and bottle bag and a machine washable changing pad. Furthermore, we definitely love how easy and comfortable it is to carry around with its multiway strap and padded back.
Why buy this:
- Sturdy diaper bag yet stylish and suitable for both mum and dad
- Multiway strap that allows you to carry it as backpack, crossbody, or shoulder bag
- Seven compartments with generous space each
- Comes with a matching insulated food and bottle bag and a machine washable changing mat
We hope that our guide on the 10 Best Diaper Bags in Australia has helped you to buy the best diaper bag in Australia for keeping both your and your baby’s essentials organised and easy to access when out and about. Please share this with your family and friends if you have found it useful.