After very long and tiring preparation during your wedding, nothing beats than to have a relaxing honeymoon. If you are still finding a place, Canada is one of the amazing countries to visit. With its balanced climate, you can tour on different places in this huge country. Also, Canada is the second largest country in the world and it has a lot of landmarks that you will surely like. Check out list of Top 10 Most Popular Canada Honeymoon Destinations:
Top 10 Most Popular Canada Honeymoon Destinations
1. Vancouver, British Columbia, for the best Canada tour
One of the most visited honeymoon destination in Canada in Vancouver. You would probably want to experience the unusual mix of the way back West Coast style and big urban culture with your loved one. The view alone will make your honeymoon getaway worth it.
Best time to Visit in Vancouver, British Columbia: April to October. This season is the driest season where people like to roam around the city. Also, the country might also experience light shower all years.
Things to do Vancouver, British Columbia:
- Walk and see the beautiful scenery at Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Experience an adrenaline rush at BC Place
- Visit the Canada Place and witness the iconic building as you ride at the city skyline
- Run, walk, bike, or just wonder at the natural paradise of Stanley Park
- Overwhelm yourself at the Vancouver Art Gallery
- Drop by at the Museum of Anthropology at UBC
- Get a sneak peek of the gigantic Vancouver Aquarium and learn its educational aquatic shows and exhibits
Top places to stay in Vancouver, British Columbia:
- Stay in the beautiful contemporary styled Blue Horizon Hotel.
- Auberge Vancouver Hotel is a hotel that gives off a hospitable ambiance.
2. Toronto, Ontario, for an urban big city adventure
Toronto, Ontario is one of the most visited romantic honeymoon destination in Canada because of the cosmopolitan itself. Hold a hand of your partner and browse the adventurous city streets that Toronto, Ontario brings. Get ready to mesmerized with the amazing skyline together with your loved one. Make sure not to miss the culturally diverse cities of Toronto. You’ve got the best peak of choice once you witness the charm of Ontario.
Best time to Visit in Toronto, Ontario: April to May and September to October. The summer season is still the best season. You can people walking around the sidewalk enjoying in some cultural events or even in patio restaurants.
Things to do Toronto, Ontario:
- Watch the wide blue yonder, Go over the edge of Niagara Falls and ride a helicopter and soar
- Root for the Hockey Hall of Fame
- Visit the famous museums
- shop until you drop in the shopping malls of Toronto
- prepare your taste buds from the delicious dishes prepared at Ontario’s restaurants
- See a big show in the impressive theaters of Elgin & Winter Garden Theatre, North America’s only double-decker theater complex and Young Centre for the Performing Arts
- Play with pandas at Toronto Zoo
- Get ready to amused in the Canada’s Wonderland
- Go shopping at Kensington market
- Try the best pubs in Ontario
Top places to stay in Toronto, Ontario::
- Hilton Toronto is a hotel that is luxurious and comfortable.
- The Westin Harbour Castle Toronto is a 4-star hotel that can give you an elegant staycation.
3. Niagara Falls, for a little romantic getaway
Pack your bags together with your partner and get ready to discover the innermost beauty of the Honeymoon Capital of the World, Niagara Falls. Lots of couples has chosen Niagara falls because of the rich and famous scenery of it. This romantic honeymoon destination remains a magnet for sweet honeymooners for many years. So what are you waiting for, opt to Niagara Falls and be one of the thousands of loving couples experienced the unforgettable moment in Niagara Falls.
Best time to visit in Niagara Falls: June to August. This is the peak season in the summer. The breeze coming from the waterfall makes the area a bit cold. The summer season can let the visitor enjoy the best attraction in this place.
Things to do in Niagara Falls:
- Take along your partner with you and ride a Hornblower Niagara Cruises with morning breeze heading to Whirlpool Aero Car before the sunset.
- Browse the souvenir shop and enjoy the Fallsview Casino
- Try the WildPlay Niagara’s Zipline or Adventure Course
- Check out the Skylon Tower for it has the perfect view around
- Amaze with the magical moment at Greg Frewin Theatre
- Get an adrenalin rush as you engage with the Whirlpool jet boats and Nightmares Fear Factory
- Tour in National Helicopters or Niagara
Top places to stay in Niagara Falls :
- Embassy Suites Fallsview by Hilton Niagara gives you a nice view of the Niagara Falls
- Sterling Inn & Spa helps you relax while experiencing the fall’s presence.
4. Montreal, Quebec, for a fantastic Canadian tour
The city of Montreal in Quebec is the largest city in Canada; a large city where you can find more awesome places. This place will surely make the honeymooners amazed. It is located on an island in the Saint Lawrence River. The name Montreal comes from the name of Mt. Royal, a triple-peaked hill located in the city. Do not miss this place as you explore the whole country of Canada.
Best time to visit in Montreal, Quebec: Between March and May. During summer of Montreal, you can roam around the streets and enjoy in different festivals.
Things to do in Montreal, Quebec:
- Before you start your honeymoon journey in the whole Montreal, you shouldn’t miss this visit the main attraction in this city the Mount Royal. Be amaze on the great view of the sunrise as you woke up early.
- Create your own food tour as you wander around the city. Montreal has a lot of food stalls that you can visit anytime.
- Stroll around the St. Paul street and feel that you are in Europe even if you are in the northern America.
- Visit the popular markets in Montreal, the Jean-Talon, and Atwater. They have the newly harvested vegetable throughout the country.
- If you are a religious couple, do not miss visiting the Basilique Notre-Dame. This is a very solemn place where you can pray quietly and peacefully.
- See the amazing view of the whole city are you climb on the top of the second tallest skyscraper in the city, the Au Sommet.
Top places to Stay in Montreal, Quebec:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal and Sofitel Montreal Le Carré Doré are luxurious hotels that have minimalist yet sophisticated style.
- Some of the best-loved luxury hotels, The Golden Mile, Loews Hôtel Vogue, and Hotel Le Crystal are a perfect place for grandeur stay.
5. Ottawa, Ontario, for an amazing getaway tour
For an awesome Canada honeymoon destination, make sure that you didn’t miss its capital city– Ottawa. It is located in the eastern part of the Southern Ontario. One of the main attraction of this city is the Ottawa River and in the middle of it is the Parliament Hill that has an amazing Grand Victorian architecture. Most of the honeymooners spend their time in a cold place like this.
Best time to visit in Ottawa, Ontario: Between March and May. This is the season where the temperature rises and the flowers start to bloom. This is the season where they celebrate the colorful tulips festival.
Things to do in Ottawa, Ontario:
- Have yoga session with your partner in the parliament hill
- Rent a canoe, and explore the Dow’s lake.
- Do hiking at the Gatineau Park. If you want an adventurous honeymoon, this is perfect for the both of you.
- Have your own picnic date at the Andrew Haydon Park. Watching the beautiful sunset together with a partner is the most adorable thing you will do during your honeymoon.
- Visit the known and free museums in Ottawa; Canadian Museum of History, Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum, National Gallery of Canada, Canadian Aviation and Space Museum, and Canadian Museum of Nature.
- Do your own beach getaway. Play beach volleyball or take a sweet ice cream.
- Watch a stand-up comedy show. This type of show is perfect for the honeymooners who are spending their night in the city.
Top places to stay in Ottawa, Ontario:
- Sheraton Ottawa Hotel is the perfect place to spend your vacation may it be for leisure or for business, and is a sweet place to be on your honeymoon.
- Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites is best for those simple and affordable suites for your honeymoon.
- Fairmont Château Laurier is considered the best luxury hotel in the area. Built from a castle, this hotel will be a memorable place to stay for your honeymoon.
6. Quebec City, Quebec, for majestic views of Canada
If you want to have the real Canadian-vibe on your honeymoon, you will surely like the Quebec city. This City is the capital of the whole province of Quebec. Most of the honeymooners like to go in this place. This city can also give you a European vibe even if you are in the Northern America. Some people say that it the extension of the city of love, Paris. Honeymooners will surely like this small city that has a lot of places that you can go.
Best time to visit in Quebec City, Quebec: December to February. If you are not a fan of visiting a country during winter, this time is perfect for you. In Quebec City, you can enjoy visiting the amazing architectures in this city during the cool weather.
Things to do in Quebec City, Quebec:
- Take the ferry to Lévis and explore the whole city. If you want to explore the city in just short time, this way will surely help.
- Go on a food tour in Old Quebec. The foods in this place are perfect for a dinner date.
- Visit the Palace Royale and explore the historic place.
- Read some of the history books at the Morrin Centre and Maison De La Littérature. If the both of you are a bookworm, this place is perfect for the both of you.
- Taste the local craft.
- Know the history of the military as you visit the Citadelle De Québec. This is the largest British-built fortress in the whole North America that you should visit.
- Watch an outdoor show like the Loto-Québec fireworks festival, and Crépuscule circus show
- Visit the most popular attraction in this city, the Château Frontenac. This place is the most visited and it is the capital’s emblem. Even if the term “Château” means castle, it never once a castle.
Top places to stay in Quebec City, Quebec:
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec is a hotel with contemporary design and useful amenities.
- Chateau des Tourelles has a French motif hotel that specializes in French cuisines.
- Best Western Premier Hotel Aristocrat is made for people who want to enjoy their vacation in Canada.
7. Victoria, British Columbia & Vancouver Island, for a marvelous getaway
Bring out your inner child and have the most on your honeymoon as you visit the beautiful land of Victoria and Vancouver Island! Delight yourself with the Island’s friendly attractions such as Craigdarroch and Victoria Bug Zoo. or give your partner a romantic tour on a Harbour walk followed by a relaxing spa. Add spicy to your getaway and go kayaking, wildlife tours, the famous fishing and much more! Indeed, there is something that you don’t ever try to miss once you’ve set your foot at Victoria and Vancouver Island!
Best time to Visit in Victoria, British Columbia & Vancouver Island: March to May and September to November. During summer, you can go to different festivals and gatherings. While in the middle of September and November, you will feel comfortable and cozy temperature during spring and fall.
Things to do in Victoria, British Columbia & Vancouver Island:
- Get active and go walking, cycling, and kayaking in the fittest city of Canada.
- Stroll in the beautiful Butchart Gardens
- Take some time to see the Royal BC Museum
- Have a taste of Victoria and Vancouver Island’s local food and drink
- Go whale watching
Top places to stay in Victoria, British Columbia & Vancouver Island:
- A 5-star hotel in British Columbia, The Fairmont Waterfront is an ideal place for a honeymoon because of its elegant amenities.
- Pan Pacific Vancouver is surrounded by coastal mountains and panoramic views of the harbor city line t6hat gives you that natural feeling of vacation.
8. The Canadian Rockies, for endless nature and luxury
This place is a mountain range that crosses the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia. You can be also amazed on its ice-capped peaks especially the Mt. Robson. Most of the honeymooners like to visit a cold place and snuggle inside a cabin. You can also do some activities around the snowy mountains.
Best time to Visit in the Canadian Rockies: mid-September to mid-October. Experience the white Christmas during your honeymoon and have fun under the fluffy snow.
Things to do in the Canadian Rockies:
- Hiking and skiing at the Banff National park. Enjoy the cold breeze and the white snow as you stroll around.
- Take a tour around the Lake Louise. You can also rent a canoe to explore the whole lake by renting a canoe or a small boat.
- Explore the whole beauty of Canadian Rockies through a gondola in Jasper Skytram
- Have a ride in a Rocky Mountaineer and explore the whole city.
- Walk at the glacier skywalk. Make yourself feel like you are walking at the edge of the world and be amazed at the melted snows in the mountain.
- Watch the breathtaking Northern Lights in Jasper.
- Do mountain biking is some of the trails in the middle of the forest.
- Relax your body in their natural hot springs
Top places to stay the Canadian Rockies:
- Copperstone Resort is for a convenient and affordable getaway for the family. There are many activities to do.
- Falcon Crest Lodge offers rooms that oversee the Rockies that can be a soothing view for the honeymooners.
- Giving you very cozy feeling, the Stoneridge Mountain Resort is a very good place to stay. You can also stay at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge and Best Western Pocaterra Inn.
9. Whistler, for an impressive and reliable honeymoon destination
Get the most out of your honeymoon vacation by visiting the natural beauty within and distinctive mountain lifestyle of Whistler. This wonderful sights offers you an ultimate escape like nowhere else. Bring your loved one any season of the year and allow her to get overwhelmed by the unique energy of Whistler. Challenge your partner and relish the adventurous activities that await you there. As you set foot in the village, make sure to take advantage of the Whistler Picks superb accommodation and stunning scenery. Opting Whistler as one of your honeymoon destination would be a great chance for you to discover the hidden beauty of Whistler.
Best time to Visit in Whistler: June to September and December to March. It is the bests season where you can go skiing during winter on the mountains. But in March, it is a bit warmer where you can roam around the city and visit different places.
Things to do in Whistler:
- Request the pleasure of your partner’s company and have a full-day tour in the alpine village of Whistler and Shannon Falls.
- Enjoy your honeymoon as you go hiking, biking or simply sightseeing in the natural beauty of Whistler Resort in Vancouver
- Have an amazing seaplane flight in your honeymoon vacation as you try the Whistler’s ultimate Glacier Tour
- Get ready to amaze together with your partner as you experience ice climbing and a full-day excursion in the frosty countryside of Whistler.
Top places to stay in Whistler:
- Nita Lake Lodge with simple fireplaces, they can give off a very cozy and warm feeling.
- You will never be bored when you stay at the Four Seasons Resort and Residences, and Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa and . With a very beautiful place and amenities, you will definitely be in for a treat.
10. Prince Edward Island, for an endearing moment of your life
Whatever your references are, either you want to spend your day snorkeling with your sweetheart at the beach, a romantic evening chilling at the theater, or the best seafood cuisine you have ever tasted, the memorable experience that will surely be tattooed in your heart and mind on Prince Edward Island. Enjoy your honeymoon as you experience the fondness, uniqueness of adventures of this beautiful Island.
Best time to Visit in Prince Edward Island: summer, mid-July to mid-August. This season is dryest where you roam around this city easily.
Things to do in Prince Edward Island:
- Enjoy taking pictures that come with a scenic farmland background with your partner.
- Savor the tremendous local cuisine and freshest seafood serves in the village.
- Play golf and bond with your loved one in Prince Edward Island courses provided to nurture your skill levels.
- Visit the dramatic natural highlights of Prince Edward Island National Park, such as the Covehead Lighthouse
- Go swimming and kayaking in Cavendish Beach and witness its striking scenery
- Tour at Charlottetown, the birthplace of Canadian Confederation
- Travel around the Confederation Centre of the Arts and see the historic art gallery and theaters.
Places to stay:
- Holman Grand Hotel is where luxury meets comfort that will provide you with satisfaction.
- The Gables of PEI is a good place to have peace and bonding time with your loved one.
- Fairholm National Historic Inn is a classic bread and breakfast inn that provides it’s couple guests a treatment suitable for honeymoon.
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, for a countryside vibe
If you want to have a countryside feeling honeymoon, this city is the perfect place for the both of you. This city is located near the Atlantic Ocean where you can enjoy the amazing waves near the coast. This city is also the capital of this island where you can see the amazing and colorful row house. Your honeymoon will be surely memorable because of the different activities you will enjoy.
Best time to visit in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador: mid-June to mid-September. This is the best time where you can easily book a boat ticket if you want to go there.
Things to do:
- Go to a historical site, the Signal Hill. This place is located in a rocky hill that has the amazing views of Atlantic Ocean. You can also visit the Cape Spear Lighthouse.
- Try some fishing at Quidi Vidi. It is just near the northern part of the Signal Hill. This place is possibly the oldest house located in the British Canada
- Visit an art gallery museum. The Rooms is a combination of Provincial Archives, Provincial Museum and the Art Gallery of Newfoundland and Labrador. You can also climb up on their observation deck to see the whole harbor.
- Stroll around the oldest street in North America, The Water Street. It is also the commercial center of the whole city. This place is also the meet-up place of the sailors and captains.
- Pray over in the largest church, The Basilica of St. John the Baptist. The statue of Our Lady of Fatima is in the middle of this site. There is also the Anglican Cathedral which is the oldest church in Canada
- Go hiking in a 540-kilometers long trail located along the East Coast. This is the best place to see more in wildlife, amazing scenery and landscapes.
- Have a night walk at the George Street. If you have to have an elegant dinner date for your honeymoon, this is the perfect place for you. This place is the best for some live music and 24-hour restaurants.
Places to stay:
- Have a luxurious stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton, Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland, Quality Hotel Harbourview, and Gower Street House Bed and Breakfast.
This is our Top 10 Most Popular Canada Honeymoon Destinations. Where do you want to go? For other honeymoon destinations around the world, be sure to check our other Top 10 list. I hope your stay in this city will become memorable and stress-free.
All photos are credited to the property. All opinions remain writer’s own. For more information, kindly refer to our copyright & disclosure policy.