Top 10 Most Popular Middle East Honeymoon Destinations
Warm waters, white sand beaches, endless deserts, shopping centers, futuristic skyscrapers, ancient traditions and historical sites, what more could you ask for a luxurious vacation abroad. There’s no better place to spend a romantic vacation with your loved one. You can explore the cities, and travel to ancient town all in the same city. If that sounds appealing to you, check out our Top 10 Most Popular Middle East Honeymoon Destinations:
Top 10 Most Popular Middle East Honeymoon Destinations
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. They come at no extra cost to you, but if you purchase through our site, we get a small commission or bonus which keeps our site running and allow us to continue creating free content for you. That being said, we only recommend vendors that we trust to use for ourselves. Thank you for your support! For more info on our disclosure policy, click here.
1. Dubai, UAE, for modernized city in Asia
The famous fast-paced cosmopolitan city is a perfect location to spend a romantic and lavish honeymoon. It’s the best of both worlds with its native Arabian traditions fused with some of the best luxury amenities in the world. It’s the perfect location for couples looking to unwind and indulge in all Dubai has to offer. You can check out the other features you can see in Dubai here: 10 Reasons Why Dubai is a Great Honeymoon Destination.
Best time to visit Dubai, UAE: Between the months of October to April, Dubai has the coolest temperature of the year. During the winter, the city of Dubai showcase it wonderful blue sky and the remarkable view of the primo beach. If you are going to visit this city during the summer season, be sure that you are prepared for three-digit temperatures.
Things to do in Dubai, UAE:
- Take an evening Dhow Cruise Dubai Desert Safari with an overnight camping trip
- Enjoy a Hot Air Balloon Ride at the break of dawn.
- If you seek adrenaline, enjoy some cage snorkeling, scuba diving, and knee boarding.
- Read: Top 17 Adorable Experiences that will make your Dubai honeymoon a blast
Top Places to Stay in Dubai, UAE:
- Have a relaxing stay at Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach. This luxury hotel located right in front of the beach that gives you the best view. It has an Arabian style that can make your jaw drop because of its beautiful designs.
- You can also stay at the Al Basri, Shoreline. This hotel offers the luxurious stay throughout your honeymoon.
- Rove Downtown Dubai, is also a wonderful place to stay for those who want the most romantic honeymoon experience. This hotel can provide you a relaxing stay and assist you with all of your needs.
2. Doha, Qatar, for a wonderful view of the sea
The capital city of Qatar, Doha has everything from historic mosques, fascinating museums, Persian beaches and dunes, beautiful parks and the Corniche Promenade. It’s a multicultural city that brings the world together in one city.
Best time to visit Doha, Qatar: The city of Doha is known for its hot climate during summer (until the month of May to September). Summer is not that recommended because of the strong heat. The winter season starts from the month of November to April. It is the peak-season in Doha where you can roam around the city easier.
Things to do in Doha, Qatar:
- Visit the Katara Mosque to take in the ancient Arabian, Persian and African culture.
- Take a trip to the Golden Mosque, and bask in the beauty of the stunning and golden creation
- Head for the Qatar National Museum and see Qatar’s architectural history.
- If you wish to be by the beach, head down to Cornice for the open space, and rejuvenating sea-breeze.
Top Places to Stay in Doha, Qatar:
- Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas is an astonishing hotel the shows the amazing Arabian Design.
- You can also stay in The Ritz-Carlton, Doha. This hotel is perfect for those who are in the tight budget but finding a romantic place to stay.
- For those who want to stay in a place with an amazing view of the sea, you can book for accommodation at Hilton Doha. The wonderful view of the Persian Gulf can be seen here.
3. Abu Dhabi, UAE (Capital of UAE), for a wonderful view of the city
The capital city of United Arab Emirates is full of excursions, luxurious spas, excellent cuisine and modern architecture. Abu Dhabi is a modernized city where you can enjoy the wandering around this city. The beautiful landmarks in this city will be the one that completes your honeymoon tour. There are a lot of hotels in this city where you can relax after you wander around. We also listed the city of Abu Dhabi on our Top 10 City Honeymoon Destinations You Must Visit
Best time to visit Abu Dhabi, UAE: April to May, and from September to October. During the spring and summer season, the popular places in this city is not that crowded and the hotel pricing is not that high. During the winter season, you can experience cooler temperatures but there still is humidity as it’s in close proximity to the desert.
Things to do in Abu Dhabi, UAE:
- If you’re a fan of cars and rides, spend an exciting day at the Ferrari World
- Visit all the famous landmarks, such as the Emirates Palace
- Take a romantic Dhow cruise
- Go on an Abu Dhabi heritage village tour to experience the culture of the city.
Top Places to Stay in Abu Dhabi, UAE:
- Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi Hotel is the best choice for couples who are running out of a budget. This hotel is located in the Yas Island Marina Circuit where you can relax while watching the waves.
- For couples who like to have a staycation, the Rosewood Abu Dhabi is the perfect place for you. This hotel gives you the complete package for a comfortable stay
4. Manama, Bahrain, for a bright night experience
Manama, the capital city of Bahrain, is the smallest in size but is considered one of the most powerful and richest in oil and culture. This modernized city is located near the Arabian Gulf and belongs to the wonderful country, Bahrain. Manama is also known for its spices and authentic pearls, so better not to missed food hunting here!
Best time to visit Manama, Bahrain: November to February, as the temperature are cooler than the rest of the year. During the winter season, there might be a lot of people who are looking for hotel accommodation so the pricing might be different too. Hotel rates might be different during this time too
Things to do in Manama, Bahrain:
- Take a trip to Manama Souk that’s known for its pearls and gold and is located in Manama’s central business district.
- Visit Al Fateh Mosque for its beautiful architecture, both inside and out.
- For history and culture lovers, head to Qal’at Al Bahrain which showcases the history of Manama.
- Partake in some fine Mediterranean dining at Zoe, Masso or Bushido Restaurant.
- Take a picture with the Tree of life which is a 400-year-old mesquite tree that stands alone in the desert.
Top Places to Stay in Manama, Bahrain:
- Do not worry about the high pricing, the Montana Hotel offers budget-friendly rates especially for couples. They also offer the best accommodations for those who want to avail a deluxe room.
- You can also book at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay. This is also a hotel that offers luxurious and romantic stay.
5. Muscat, Oman, for calming views and stay
Muscat is the port capital city of Oman. This city is located near the Gulf of Oman where you can see the clear view of the desert and the mountains. You can also enjoy the wandering around the malls or visit the famous landmarks like the Muscat Harbour. The waterside serene city of Muscat has traditions, culture, conservative modernism. It’s a perfect location for couples wanting to quiet time together.
Best time to visit Muscat, Oman: The climate for the city of Oman is always in hot weather. But during the winter, especially who are located near the Mediterranean Sea, you can experience the cold breeze and the hotel pricing is a bit high. Summer is divided into two, during March to April and September to October. Take note that the temperature here rises for up to 40°C.
Things to do in Muscat, Oman:
- Visit the famous architecturally known sites such as Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, and the Royal Opera House Muscat
- Check out the 16th-century Portuguese forts of Al Jilal and Al Mirani
- For beach and water lovers, head to Qurum Beach or take a boat from Al Rhowdha Marina for some dolphin watching and snorkeling.
- Take a trip to the Fish Market, and then go onwards to Muscat Old City and Souq
Top Places to Stay in Muscat, Oman:
- For a budget-friendly hotel, you can stay at the Hotel Ibis Muscat. Even if it offers a very low price for rent, they can still give private accommodation for honeymooners.
- Park Inn by Radisson Muscat is a place to stay for those who want a romantic honeymoon in Muscat. Park Inn has complete amenities throughout your stay.
6. Jordan, for an ancient country experience
Jordan is a country that also belongs to the Arab nation. Famously known for its ancient archeological site of Petra, Jordan has it all from warm waters at Aqaba to the hot springs underneath a waterfall. The name “Petra” has a nickname called “Rose City”. You can also visit the ancient monuments present in this country.
Best time to visit Jordan: During the spring season (March-May), the temperature is really hot. Even if it is hot, you still see different wildflowers blooming anywhere. You can also see the beauty of the desert. In the winter season, the pricing of the hotels might be higher.
Things to do in Jordan:
- Witness Petra by night that’s lit only by candles and stars.
- Float in the Dead Sea or slather yourselves in black mud.
- Go canyoning in Wadi Mujib
- Away from light and sound pollution and see the stars in Feynan Eco-Lodge
Top Places to Stay in Jordan:
- For a romantic and luxurious hotel, you can book at the King David Hotel. This hotel offers the excellent stay for their visitors.
- The Movenpick Dead Sea Spa and Resort is an exceptional hotel that lets their visitors enjoy their honeymoon on their hotel. They can serve breakfast and dinner on the balcony that faces the amazing Mediterranean Sea.
- If you are on a tight budget, you can book at Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa. They have the complete amenities like colorful rooms and minibars. This hotel also has a spa center and sauna.
7. Istanbul, Turkey, for historical places
Istanbul is one of the major cities in Turkey. Because it is located in the middle of Europe and Asia, their culture came from both continents. It is also an old city that reflects the ancient culture of the past empires. With 19th-century art nouveau villas, beautiful greenery, islands, delicious cuisine – its bound to be a trip of a lifetime in Istanbul. The main attraction here is the Hagia Sophia the showcases the rare Christian mosaics.
Best time to visit Istanbul, Turkey: This city also experiences the warm summer and cold winter. The autumn and spring season (between April to May and September to mid-November) is the ideal time to visit Istanbul. The temperature is cool and the skies are very clear.
Things to do in Istanbul, Turkey:
- Ride a ferry to the Princes Island (roughly 40 minutes) and enjoy a horse-drawn phaeton carriages.
- Take a private boat to Maiden’s Tower (aka, Leander’s Tower) and enjoy a meal with live music.
- Dine in one of the many places to drink and eat along the Bosphorus river.
- Walk along Istiklal Street full of shops, cafés, patisseries, and restaurants
Top Places to Stay in Istanbul, Turkey:
- One of the best hotels in Istanbul is the Miniature Hotel. It has furnished rooms and complete services. Even if it is built during the 19th century, it still looks like a five-star hotel.
- For those who want to have a staycation near the sea, the Ada Hotel is the best place to stay. It is not like an ordinary hotel.
8. Iran, for a solemn and peaceful destination
Iran is a large country that is located near the Arabian (Persian) Gulf. That has a lot of historical sites like the marble ruins and the empire’s capital. In the capital city of Iran (Tehran), you can wander and explore the unique architectures of every house and the historical places. The modern landmark in this hotel is the Milad and Azadi Tower.
Best time to visit Iran: Almost all of the destinations in the Middle East, experience a hot climate throughout the year. But during the winter season, it is too much cold and the pricing for a hotel might be different to a regular one. There also some festivals in Iran you might want to join, like Nowruz in the new year.
Things to do in Iran:
- Visit Naqsh-e Jahan Square (aka, Imam Square) in Isfahan, the second biggest square in the world.
- Take a trip to Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque in Isfahan and marvel at the architectural masterpiece.
- Go to the Grand Bazaar in Tehran.
- Walk down Valiasr Street in Tehran.
Top Places to Stay in Iran:
- Aryo Barzan Hotel is a hotel that showcases the best accommodation in Istanbul. This modernized hotel has warm decorations. The best choice for a romantic honeymoon stay!
- If you are planning to stay in Tehran, the Espinas Palace Hotel is the best place to stay. It is a high-rise hotel that has free breakfast and they can charge you a service fee to the airport.
9. The Nile, Egypt, for a tour in the desert country
Though we wouldn’t recommend going to Cairo at this point in time, there are a few cities that have been known to be safe to visit, such as Luxor and Aswan. The amazing pyramids of Egypt are one of the oldest countries in the world that showcases the ancient culture of the past.
Best time to visit The Nile, Egypt: Because Egypt is located in the middle of the tropic region, the climate is always in the warm weather. But during the months between October and April, the weather is very pleasant and you can see the iconic sites in Egypt like the Pyramids of Giza and famous temples like the Abu Simbel and the Luxor. You can also book a Nile Cruise during the months of October to April.
Things to do in The Nile, Egypt:
- Make a trip to the Pyramid of Giza and Sphinx, preferably with a tour group.
- Shop around the medieval markets of Khan-e-Khalili
- Visit the Cairo Tower and Al Qahira Fatima Mosques for stunning architecture.
- Explore the historical temples like Temple of Karnak, Abu Simbel, and the Luxor.
Top Places to Stay in The Nile, Egypt:
- Stay at the Steigenberger Hotel, the marvelous hotel that is located near the Nile river. They make sure that all of their visitors are comfortable. All of the rooms are very clean and neat.
- Planning to have a romantic date near the Nile river? The Sonesta St. George Hotel in Luxor offers romantic vibe for every couple. You can also book for a dinner for two while viewing the Nile River.
10. Northern Israel, for a sweet escape in a hidden paradise
For religious couples, you can visit the northern part of Israel. Though the southern parts of the country are in conflict, the northern parts are safe to travel and there are some beautiful locations.
Best time to visit Northern Israel: Try to avoid religious holidays for fewer crowds.
Things to do in Northern Israel:
- Take a trip over to the Dead Sea for the tranquil environment, to float in the salt-filled waters and indulge in the therapeutic mud bath.
- Visit Jerusalem and walk over to the Stations of the Cross and Church of the Holy Sepulcher
- Be sure to stop over at indulge in some Arab cuisine, such as the falafel.
Top Places to stay in Northern Israel:
- Villa Nazareth is a place where you can have a comfortable stay after strolling around the wonderful cities in Israel. They also have a dining area and they serve foods too.
Read our wedding guide here and our honeymoon guide here. If you need any help/services, email us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to help!
All photos are credited to the property. All opinions remain writer’s own. For more information, kindly refer to our copyright & disclosure policy.
To get featured on The Wedding Vow, email firstname.lastname@example.org for advertising, email@example.com for media invites. Click here for more information.