Choosing an interior designer can be a daunting task with the sheer number of interior designers in Singapore. The last thing anyone wants is to end up a victim of a renovation scam. But even with the help of home renovation sites, there can be an overwhelming number of choices to filter through. Hence, we have researched and compiled this list of interior designers that you should check out for different desired home styles. With regards to how we curate our picks, please refer to the bottom of this article.
This article was last updated on 8 Jan 2020.
Read our other home guides here:
- Your Complete Guide to Buying a New Home
- Your Complete Guide to Home Renovation in Singapore
- The Average Cost of Home Renovation in Singapore + Saving Tips
5 Interior Designers in Singapore to Create your Dream Home
1. Starry Homestead, for a homely vibe
What stands out about Starry Homestead, are their homely designs and positive online presence. As a CaseTrust-RCMA accredited interior design firm, they go the extra mile by offering homeowners a 2-year warranty on their works, as well as insured payments. We like that they post photos of their actual renovation works to compare against their 3D designs, and they look very similar. Starry Homestead aims to take care of every step of your home renovation – ideation to layout planning, customizing to construction, and even purchase of furnishings. They provide end-to-end renovation solutions for both residential and commercial.
Their mission is to create an intimate, chic and modern living space for homeowners. Starry Homestead makes our list of interior designers for its extensive portfolio, professionalism, and active customer service.
- Awarded Qanvast SuperTrust from 2016 – 2019
- 8.9/10 rating on Hometrust (74 reviews), 4.4 / 5 rating on Qanvast (57 reviews), 4.5 / 5 on Houzz (47 reviews)
- 57k likes on Facebook & 12.4k IG followers
- Recommended by MoneySmart, Miss Tam Chiak, Tallypress
- Their completed actual site renovations are very close to their 3D designs
- Has 3 showrooms and a customer service head office
511 Balestier Road
+65 6264 6866
2 other showrooms here
2. Weiken.com, for a luxury abode
What impressed us about Weiken.com, is their refined sense of style. Their portfolio portrays a stylish and classy vibe. While browsing through their past works, many of them resemble dream holiday homes! If you want a home that resembles an elegant hotel or showroom, be sure not to miss checking out their portfolio.
Their interior design philosophy is to merge the latest in design and sustainability to create a living space that will epitomise your character and taste. Having successfully completed over 408 projects and 398 customers over 24 years, you can be assured of their quality customer service and workmanship that many customers mention in their reviews. They too offer a 2-year warranty on renovation-related repairs. They do both residential and commercial projects.
- Accredited with CASETrust, Bizsafe Star 2011, RCMA
- 4.5 / 5 rating on Facebook (536 reviews), 8.3/10 on Hometrust (8 reviews), 4.5 / 4 on Qanvast (7 reviews), 4 / 5 on Renonation (19 reviews)
- Awarded Spirit of Enterprise 2013, Singapore Quality Brand Award 2014, Best Dining Hall Design in Nippon Designers Club Contest 2015
- 49k Facebook likes & 1,847 IG followers
- Recommended by MoneySmart
62 Ubi Road 1 #01-04
Oxley Bizhub 2 Singapore 408734
Other showrooms here at IMM, Midview, Tradehub and Tampines
+65 6465 6656
3. Space Atelier, for a modern aesthetic
Established in 2014, Space Atelier prides themselves on crafting spaces and delivering tailored-made solutions that reflect homeowners individuality, tastes, and lifestyle. Their portfolio features stylish homes of a modern, contemporary aesthetic. Our favourites are their works at Sol Acres EC and Kensington Park Condo. Customers review the firm’s interior designers as responsive, helpful and efficient.
- Awarded Qanvast SuperTrust 2016 – 2019
- Rated 4.8 on Facebook, 4.5 on Qanvast (80 reviews), 8.9 on HomeTrust (26 reviews), 5 on Renonation (57 reviews)
- 24,970 Facebook likes
6 Harper Road Leong Huat Building #05-07
321 Alexandra Road Alexandra Central #32-28
+65 6269 0155
4. Fuse Concept, for eclectic design
Fuse Concept has been making homes beautiful since 2001. What excites us is their creative ability to transform a space into one that is brimming with personality and individuality. Fuelled by their philosophy ‘simplicity is quality’, the designs of their interior designers are anything but simple. In their portfolio, you will discover exquisite, exclusive and extraordinary designs that will easily stir up a wow. If you are looking for an eclectic home style, definitely check out their renovation work on a home in Clementi Avenue and our favorite, a condo in Sophia Hills.
- Rated 4.3 / 5 on Qanvast (39 reviews)
- 13.7k Facebook likes
- Featured in Home & Decor, Honeycombers, Howbro, Squarerooms, Lookbox Living
479 Sims Avenue Singapore387551
+65 6742 8208
5. The Scientist, for interior designers with a stylish, minimalist approach
Projects at The Scientist all have something in common – a fresh and minimalist aesthetic. We can’t help but be charmed with their simple yet sophisticated designs. Our favorites include their apartments at Canberra Crescent and Ferraria Park. Though both projects are vastly different in the colours and style employed, The Scientist’s distinct style shines through.
‘Analytical, creative, explorative, inquisitive and persistence’, these are the qualities that outline their design work at The Scientist. Their mission is to transform their original, artistic designs into a cozy, comfortable living space for homeowners.
- Rated 4.9 / 5 on Qanvast (12 reviews)
- 4,057 Facebook likes & 4,512 IG followers
- Featured in Home and Decor, Honeycombers, The Peak,
114 Lavender Street, CT Hub 2, #06-86
+65 6743 0363
Financing your home renovation
The average cost of home renovation in Singapore is about $50,000 – $60,000 for a BTO 4-room HDB flat. The cost will vary depending on how extensive the works you require, and the choice of materials you use. To finance your home renovation, you can take up either a renovation loan or a personal loan. We suggest to take up a renovation loan as the interest rate (generally less than 5%) is lower as compared to personal loans (6-7%). However, it is likely you are required to show proof of ownership when applying for the renovation loan. Do note that the money from a renovation loan goes direct to your interior designer or contractor, so you can’t use it for your furniture or appliance shopping.
We hope our shortlist of interior designers has helped you in your home renovation journey. Do share it with your friends, and stay tuned for more! Meanwhile, read more home renovation articles below.
- 5 Home Reno Sites other than Qanvast for Inspiration & Free Quotes
- 5 Furniture Stores in Singapore for Popular Home Reno Styles
- 6 Lighting Inspirations and Tips for Your Dream Home in Singapore
- 6 Reasons to Get Restful Sleep with a Simmons Mattress
- Smart Designer Blinds and Curtains in Singapore by mc.2
- 8 Designer Furniture from Finn Avenue for Posh Interior Design Themes in Singapore
- 6 Ideas to Embellish Your Dream Home with Exquisite Rugs & Carpets in Singapore
How we curate our picks of interior designers in Singapore:
We cross-reference several sources to shortlist the below recommendations for you. This listicle aims to ease your ID selection process. We do not claim to be 100% perfect in our curation, but we try to be as exhaustive as we can. The following IDs have been selected based on considering factors that include, but not limited to the following.
- Digital presence and stats
- Portfolio and experience
- Actual completed renovation works vs proposed 3D designs
- Projects listed on home reno sites
- Online Reviews (on Facebook, Home Reno Sites, and Google)
- Awards and accreditation (Accreditation by CASETrust, Home Reno Sites
- Listed or recommended by industry publishers
- Additional services (warranty, payment schedules)
- Our own personal experience with them, if any
For larger companies like the below, do note that the actual service you receive is largely dependent on the interior designer that gets assigned to you, and how experienced he or she is as well. Kindly note that the information below is accurate at the time of posting.
This post was brought to you by The Wedding Vow.