Some couples dream of adventurous honeymoons where they cross activities off their bucket list. But for most couples (like us), we just want to relax and unwind from all that stressful wedding planning! For our honeymoon, we wanted nothing more than to wake up to the incredible view of the sea and spend our days on the beach just enjoying each others company. Relaxing spas and refreshing cocktails were also part of the plan. We compiled a list of our Top Beach Honeymoon Destinations for your Honeymoon, some so near as a 1-hour boat ride away (from Singapore), and some further than your dreams can take you.
Top 10 Beach Honeymoon Destinations you Must Visit
1. Maldives, Asia, for world-class luxury resorts
Also known as ‘paradise on earth’, Maldives is a tropical nation that lies in the Indian Ocean and comprises of 26-ring shaped atolls and over 1,000 coral islands. With white sand beaches, crystal clear waters, blue lagoons, extensive reefs, Maldives is no doubt one of the top beach honeymoon destinations in the world. Maldives also houses some of the most luxurious and gorgeous resorts on our planet! We have been to Maldives twice and we still plan to return someday. Visit the capital, Malé, or local islands like Maafushi, for a local experience. If you need more convincing, read Top 10 Reasons to Honeymoon in Maldives.
Best time to visit Maldives: The best weather is from November to April. Avoid June, as the monsoon season that runs from May to October peaks in June. The high season is between December and March but its worth to pay slightly higher prices for the dry season as there is nothing much to do in Maldives during rainy days except hide out in your resort.
Things to do in Maldives:
- Snorkel or dive, and swim alongside whale sharks, manta rays, sea turtles, and dolphins.
- Go resort or island hopping
- Read Top 19 Things to do on your Maldives Honeymoon
Top Places to Stay in Maldives:
- Stay at Reethi Rah for a luxurious 6-star experience or Holiday Inn Kandooma for a stylish vaction at a fraction of the price
- Read Top 10 Most Romantic Resorts in Maldives for your Honeymoon and Top 10 Boutique Hotels in Maldives if you are on a budget
2. Philippines, Asia, for relaxing vibes on white sand beaches
Famous for harbouring some of the most beautiful beaches in Asia, what we love most about the Philippines is the relaxed and laidback vibes. We love it so much that we return every year to explore a new part of the country – we have since been to the Philippines four times! This year, we are headed to Palawan to discover its pristine white sand beaches surrounded by turquoise waters. Visit Cebu to swim alongside whale sharks and party the night away in Boracay.
Best time to visit: November to April during the dry season, which is also the peak season. Temperatures are higher during March and April, so you may want to travel during the cooler months of December to February.
Things to do in the Philippines:
- Go cliff jumping at Boracay’s famous cliff points like Ariels Point. Read Top 25 Things to do on your Boracay Honeymoon
- Chase waterfalls (Tumalog Falls and Aguinid Falls) in Cebu, and experience canyoneering. For something more unique, swim alongside whale sharks at Oslob (3.5-hour drive away from Cebu). Read Top 17 Things to do on your Cebu Honeymoon
- In Palawan, visit El Nido, Coron or Puerto Princesa where you can have an adventure navigating the magnificent underground rivers. Find out the Top 15 Things to do on your Palawan Honeymoon
Places to stay:
- There are many beautiful resorts in the Philippines. Check out the Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in the Philippines
- In Boracay, stay on a cliffside resort at Nami Resorts or reside in Mandala Resorts & Spa, a resort surrounded by lush greenery. Check out the Top 10 Most Romantic Resorts in Boracay for your Honeymoon
- In Cebu, stay in resorts with private beaches like Crimson Resort & Spa or Movenpick. Check out the Top 10 Most Romantic Resorts in Cebu for your Honeymoon
- In Palawan, check out Top 10 Most Romantic Palawan Hotels for your Honeymoon
3. Bali, Asia, for epic waves and a cultural experience
Bali is famous for its astounding beaches and lush rice terraces, hills, and mountains. It is an island with full of surprises, and there are a lot of things to do that we would need an endless holiday to experience it all. Bali is also a place more than the beaches! It has the beauty that can lure both body and soul because of its significant cultural and historical attractions, this is the reason why it is called one of the most popular island destination in the world. Bali experience is something that can’t be explained, it needs to explore and experience, and you will certainly agree that those spectacular images of Bali are indeed real!
Best time to visit: April, May, June, and July are mainly considered to be the best time to travel to Bali concerning the weather. During those time the western side of the peninsula creates some of the world’s best waves which are ideal for water sports activities such as surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, and more.
Things to do in Bali:
- Visit different temples like Uluwatu Temple and Tanah Lot Temple
- Experience the art of Balinese Massage and participate in Yoga classes. Read Top 28 Things to Do on your Bali Honeymoon.
- Aboard in the traditional Jukung and take a tour on Bali’s north-east coast to encounter frolicking dolphins as the sun hides beneath the waves.
- Discover the simple yet creative process of batik painting with contemporary designs.
- Check out the Top 10 Most Romantic Bali Hotels for your Honeymoon.
Places to stay in Bali:
- Check out Bvlgari Resort Bali for divine beaches and luxury experience located in the southeast of Bali. Read Top 10 Beach Wedding Venues in Bali.
- Stay at Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian if you want to experience the nightlife in Bali.
- Experience the wellness and beauty treatment on the traditional Balinese village in Amandari. It is ten minutes away from the community of Ubud. Check out Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in Indonesia for more great places to stay in Bali.
4. Maui Hawaii, USA, for finest beaches and best water activities
Famous for its surfing and windsurfing spots. Maui Island is blessed with incredible beauty from ocean to mountains which are far more than just a world-class destination. There are countless options for things to do here. Explore the island with an open mind on its rich culture and fascinating history to get the most out of your Maui visit. Learn about the unique Hawaiian culture and you will definitely return home with great memories that will last a lifetime!
Best time to visit Maui: For best deals on accommodations spring and fall are the cheapest time to visit Maui Island because the place is less crowded. But the ideal months to visit is from March to September to enjoy the best of Maui’s majestic scenery. You can also visit Maui during winter for best opportunities for whale watching.
Things to do in Maui:
- Don’t miss the unforgettable view of the sunrise at the summit of Haleakala which is considered as the world’s best sunrise.
- Dance more than the shaking hips but with hand movements to represent the words in the chant that accompanies the beat. Local halaus can give you demonstrations on how to do the ‘Hula’.
- Explore the Maui’s coast to find the changing color of the beaches: white, black, and red. All reminders of the island’s volcanic timeline. See a
- Grab a seat in front of the beach and enjoy whale watching from the shore. Maui is one of the best whale watching place in the world because of the shallow channel between its neighbor island.
Places to stay in Maui:
- Enjoy the gorgeous views of the South Maui’s Pacific Ocean at the Four Seasons Resort for your ultimate vacation pleasure.
- Stay at the Hotel Wailea to witness the panoramic views without the beach traffic or noise. This boutique hotel is 300 feet above the ocean.
- Feel revitalized with the superior spa services at the Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort. It is one of the great places to stay in all the Hawaiian islands.
5. Harbour Island, Bahamas, for the breathtaking pink sand beaches
Famous for its picture perfect pink sandy beach and clear turquoise water. Harbour Island is a small island in Bahamas and is one of the gem secrets in The Caribbean. It is an island with numerous options for shopping and an experience with exquisite dining. You can also enjoy here some outdoor adventures and visit nearby attractions for a pleasant way to spend the day. Take advantage of its great weather and see its local festivals and cultural events. We’re sure that your vacation at Harbour Island will bring unique stories to share with your friends.
Best time to visit: Although the island has a nice climate on all months, April, May, June, and July are considered as high seasons which are more expensive than the rest of the year. Some hotels and businesses are close for the month of August and September but it is the best time if you prefer a more peaceful and quiet vacation.
Things to do in Harbour Island:
- Swim in the warm water of the pink sand beaches and keep a look out for the dolphins who live here.
- Witness the underwater world along with the diver’s group of The Millers Dive Shop. You can also try the deep-sea fishing and you will surely have a great time!
- Explore the clear Carribean water while enjoying a range of water sports such as kayaks, snorkeling, and surfing.
- Shop for chic fashion and accessories at Miss Mae’s. Miss Mae’s also features a wide selection of summer dresses, unique jewelry, and antique furniture.
- Spend the morning with locals over lattes at Bahamas Coffee Roasters. Their coffee is definitely good that’s why they become an island institution.
Places to stay in Harbour Island:
- If you want a luxury and oceanfront accommodation, try to check out Coral Sands Hotel.
- Stay at the private haven and an old-fashioned beach hotel at Dunmore Beach Club. Dunmore is designed with fresh interiors and the cottages are grouped according to view: garden or sea.
- Check in on the spacious luxury of Valentine’s Resort which is few blocks from the center town.
6. Bora Bora, French Polynesia, for spectacular scenery of emerald lagoons
Bora Bora is famous for its aquatic luxury resorts and white sand beaches. It is the Tahiti’s most famous island. It features lavish floating villas with a great overview of the stunning lagoon. Bora Bora is naturally a romantic honeymoon destination and it gives an unforgettable moment of marital bliss. It is generally a paradise far away from the busy road of the city. The inevitable view from the plane before your touchdown in the island is a moment you’ll definitely not forget. You can also explore the iconic Mount Otemanu and this experience will exceed even your highest expectations.
Best time to visit: Bora Bora has a fine weather during the months of April to November. The wet season stretches from December to March. But anytime in Bora Bora is good to visit because of its warm weather no matter the season.
Things to do in Bora Bora:
- Go for a walk underwater with an air-supplied helmet at Aqua Safari. It offers a 2-hour excursion that allows you to get surrounded by tropical fish and also experience a boat tour and snorkeling in the lagoon.
- Experience a lagoon excursion aboard your own private boat. Your guide will take you to the untouched motus and coral gardens for a longer duration.
- Explore the island riding on a 4×4 Jeep Safari and get amazed over the historical site where you can see the remain from World War II.
- Aboard in a comfortable boat and glide over the colorful coral and observe the various tropical fish without getting wet at Bora Bora Glass Bottom Boat tour.
Places to stay in Bora Bora:
- To enjoy more Bora Bora’s picturesque sea views, you can stay at the Sunset Hill Lodge. Honeymooners can enjoy hiking on the hillside and the free use of kayaks and snorkeling equipment here.
- For an ultimate luxury stay, check The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort. It features the hand-carved Polynesian sculptures and unique wooden room decors.
- Stay at Le Meridien Bora Bora to experience the world-class service. Here you can witness sea turtle conservation center and views of Mount Otemanu.
- For an exclusive private beach, check in at InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa. It has a direct access to the pristine waters of the lagoon.
7. Santorini, Europe, for the perfect spot to watch the best sunset
Santorini is an idyllic and a romantic place that is perfect for every couple. It is famous for its white and blue-domed churches and buildings that have symbolized the Greek Island. It is truly has a mystical charm and irresistible vibes all around the corner. One of the most must-to-do in Santorini is catching up the perfect sunset. Santorini has the most pretty sunsets in the world. You will also never disappoint in Santorinians menu offered by various restaurants everywhere. Witnessing its magnificent views is definitely a bucket-list-type experience that anyone wouldn’t skip.
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Santorini is between April and November. It is also the recommended time if you are visiting Santorini more for its views, wineries, and food. The warmest weather in Santorini is from June to September and the water is perfect for swimming.
Things to do in Santorini:
- Capture the extraordinary views of the traditional Greek buildings located in Oia. The village is built on the top of Santorini’s cliff beyond the Ammoudi Bay. To get to Oia’s beautiful viewpoints, ride on a bus or rental car and then walk a little for almost half an hour. Check out our Top 25 Things to Do on your Santorini Honeymoon.
- Taste the Santorini’s great wine and get the chance to visit the wineries on your own. Finding each winery takes a lot more time than you expect and you’ll definitely enjoy visiting the various vineyards aside from the spectacular views of the place.
- Take a boat tour around the few beaches of Santorini. You can enjoy your meal onboard and watch the sunset from below the Oia cliffs. Read 28 Enchantments for your Athens Honeymoon that Guarantee you Falling in Love All Over Again.
- Walk along the waterfront of the famous beach of Santorini – the Kamari. The beach is extremely attractive during at night as the enormous rock shines in the dark. The beach of Kamari offers a wide range of water sports activities and organized facilities such as sunbeds, cafes, and a lot more.
- Go cliff jumping at Amoudi Bay. The clear Mediterranean waters are surrounded by striking cliff and one of the most adventurous and exciting things during your stay in Santorini is do your best dive in!
Places to stay in Santorini:
- Get the direct views of the beautiful sunset and the Caldera at Oia Castle Luxury Suites. It features the outdoor jacuzzi and spacious balcony with cave pool. Read our Top 10 Most Romantic Santorini Hotels for your Honeymoon for more romantic hotels.
- Make yourself at home at Santo Maris Oia, Luxury Suites & Spa featuring their decorative rooms and kitchenettes. This resort offers full spa services where you can enjoy their body treatment and facial.
- Stay at Astra Suites to witness the most stunning cliffs of Santorini and the panoramic views of the Aegan Sea. They offer a boat tour to witness the volcanic islets of Nea Kameni, Palea Kameni, and Thirassia.
8. Florida Keys, Florida
Famous for its coral reef along the edge of Florida Straits.
Best time to visit:
Things to do in Florida Keys:
- Go fishing
- Snorkeling and diving
- Go kayaking
- Go on a sunset cruise
Places to stay in Florida Keys: Marriot Key Largo Bay Beach Resort
9. Fiji Islands, for a place known for its family-friendly resorts
Fiji Island is famous for its white sand beaches, turquoise water, jungle rivers, and genuine culture. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or adventurous staycation, Fiji Islands have it all. It has luxurious private islands and outdoor adventures where you can have the best of Fiji Experience. Also, expect the warmest welcomes of the happiest people on earth. Fiji has 332 beautiful islands, 106 of them are inhabited. This, of course, creates a question ‘where to go?’ but one thing for sure that Fiji Islands is the ultimate couple’s hideaway!
Best time to visit: The best time to visit Fiji is from July to August but is also the busiest season in the place. Great time to enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and the various popular water activities. Fiji weather is fairly mild and pleasant all year round but the wet season occurs during November to March.
Things to do:
- Indulge in a therapeutic natural spa, also known as the mud baths of Sabeto. It allows you to take a dip in mud pools to immerse yourself into the Fijian way of life.
- Join the Kava ceremony where you can drink the Kava along with the Fijian people. Kava is something the reason why the people here are called the happiest on the earth. Kava is a mild narcotic liquid that makes you feel well rested and energized.
- Try the great experience of snorkeling across Fiji’s wonderful coral reefs and take a swim in the clear and warm waters. Read our Top 10 Nature Honeymoon Destinations you Must Visit for the more exciting honeymoon vacation.
- Get up close with the wonderful creatures underwater and explore the corals in their multi-colored magnificence, or swim alongside with manta rays and sea turtles in the Great Astrolabe Reef.
- Hike and witness the uncharted wilderness of Fiji. Trek along muddy paths and rocky terrain and after that, you can strip down and leap into the three Tavoro Waterfalls.
Places to stay: Levuka Homestay, Oneta Resort, Matava Resort
10. The British Virgin Islands
Famous for its reef lining beaches and as a yacht destination.
Best time to visit: December to April
Things to do:
- Go explore the islands
- Go on a cruise
- Visit historical sites
Must go/see places: The Baths National Park, Gorda Peak National Park, North Sound, Smuggler’s Cove Beach, Cane Garden Bay Beach
Places to stay: Bitter End Yacht Club, Peter Island Resort
Things to eat: Try some of the most popular dishes like Fungi and Callaloo
All opinions remain writer’s own. For more information, kindly refer to our copyright & disclosure policy.