After your wedding, nothing else beats a well-relaxed honeymoon. I remember that it was a trip that we both we greatly looking forward to. Not only do you get to rest and recuperate from the hectic wedding preparations, you get to travel and explore beautiful places together. It will be your first trip as a married couple! When it comes to choosing a honeymoon destination, it is no wonder why SouthEast Asia remains hugely popular among newlyweds. The region is filled with amazing tradition, culture, beautiful beaches and villas that will be nothing short of perfect for your honeymoon. Here we have shortlisted the Top 10 Most Romantic SouthEast Asia Honeymoon Destinations just for you!
Top 10 Most Popular SouthEast Asia Honeymoon Destinations
1. Thailand, for romantic island getaway
If there is one thing that Thailand is known for, it would be their exquisite exotic beauty. It is a melting pot of culture and vibrant cities like Bangkok. The country also has stunning beaches to get an equally exotic suntan plus the adventure in unspoiled hidden paradise.
Best time to visit in Thailand: The peak season for Thailand is from November to February where the weather is typically at its best.
Things to do in Thailand:
- Explore beautiful paradise through Island hopping
- Interact with elephants in Elephant Nature Park
- Don’t miss the famous floating markets
- Experience unique Thai massages
- Spend a night in hill tribe villages
- Visit the amazing and historical place like the Grand Palace, Wat Arun, and Khao Yai National Park.
Places to stay in Thailand: Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve,
2. Vietnam, for exciting cultural experiences
If you want a touch of ancestry and modern honeymoon experience, Vietnam can be your go-to destination. There is resort-style abode where you can spend some quiet time with your loved one.
Best time to visit in Vietnam: Spring (February to April) and autumn (August to October) seasons. During spring, the temperature is just moderate and this season has the light amount of rainfall so no need to worry about the climate when you are roaming around the country.
Things to do in Vietnam:
- Cruise along Halong Bay
- See magnificient skycrapers in Ho Chi Minh City
- Explore the Central Highlands
- Relax on superb Vietnam beaches
- Visit signifcant temples like Cao Dai Temple, Chi tunnels, Hanoi and Nha Trang
- Read Top 16 Things to Do on your Hanoi Honeymoon
Places to stay in Vietnam: Check out: Mia Resort Nha Trang, Top 10 Most Romantic Ho Chin Minh Hotels for your Honeymoon, and Top 10 Most Romantic Hanoi Hotels for your Honeymoon,
3. Singapore, for a dreamy honeymoon vacation
It is sure that couples want their honeymoon to be as magical as their wedding or even more. Singapore is one of the most affordable destination in Asia that has a brilliant shine on its buzzing business district and hidden paradise.
Best time to visit in Singapore: July would be a great choice so you will get experience the Great Singapore Sale and the Singapore Food Festival.
Things to do in Singapore:
- Ride Asia’s largest observation wheel – Singapore flyer
- See breathtaking exotic plants in Gardens by the bay
- Walk along on the white sandy beaches of Sentosa
- Let Marina Bay Sands Light and Water Show blow your mind
- Cruise along Singapore river
- Read: Top 10 Popular Staycation Venues in Singapore
Places to stay: Raffles Hotel Singapore
4. Philippines, for tropical adventures
There are lavish accommodations, sports, and attractions that you can enjoy here which come at affordable prices. The country will give thousands of reasons why you should head to its pristine beaches and other tourist favorites.
Best time to visit in Philippines: The best time could be from November to April where the country’s beaches seem to be a magnet to tourist because of the perfect weather. The cooler months of December and February can also be the best choice.
Things to do in Philippines:
- Relax on beautiful white sand beaches
- Walk along in Rizal Park
- Start Island Hopping from Mactan Island
- Enjoy water activities like diving at Tubbataha
- Visit old churches
- See the amazing plantation of the Banaue
- Explore the amazing Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park
Places to stay in Philippines: El Nido Resorts, Check our lists: Top 10 Most Romantic Boracay Hotels for your Honeymoon, Top 10 Most Romantic Manila Hotels for your Honeymoon, and Top 10 Most Romantic Palawan Hotels for your Honeymoon
5. Indonesia, for authentic honeymoon experiences
This country is known for its mystical and romantic appeal. You can camp on the edge of a volcano while stargazing. You can also have fit of adventure on hidden waterfalls and exotic islands.
Best time to visit Indonesia: The country has a dry season from April to October and rainy season from November to March. This biggest archipelago in Asia has a lot of beautiful beaches.
Things to do in Indonesia:
- Enjoy a romantic stroll in Campuha Ridge Walk
- Melt all your stress in Swept Away, Bali
- Experience cave dining in Samabe
- See reflective waters at Lake Batur
- Try an interesting picnic twist at Bukit Asah Bugbug
- Visit the amazing place like Tanah Lot, Bunaken National Park, Seminyak, Mount Bromo, Borobodur and many more.
Places to stay in Indonesia: Kamuela Villas Seminyak, Cheack out Top 10 Most Romantic Yogyakarta Hotels for your Honeymoon, and Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in Indonesia
6. Malaysia, for a twinkling cityscape
You can get the right mix of culture and natural wonders plus a little bit of everything here. You can explore the jungles and island paradise. Another good thing with Malaysia is its world-class cuisines that will surely add spice on your honeymoon.
Best time to visit: The east coast is usually rainy during November to February while the west part of the country is dry at this time. You can choose what type of weather you want to indulge in.
Things to do in Malaysia:
- Dine in sophisticated restaurants
- Trek in the heart of the rainforest
- Relax in the turquoise waters of an island paradise
- Spend a week together in an Island hopping
- Climb up in the tallest building in the country, the Petronas towers
- Visit the amazing places in the country like Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, and Mount Kinabalu.
- Read: Top 15 Things to Do on your Kota Kinabalu Honeymoon
Places to stay in Malaysia: Check out The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat. Our own lists: Top 10 Most Romantic Kuala Lumpur Hotels for your Honeymoon,
7. Cambodia, for an eye-opening honeymoon exploration
Cambodia is rich in history and endless tourist spots. You can float through the forest that once housed the Khmer Rouge. There are also the Angkor Wat temple and jungle villages for you to explore.
Best time to visit Cambodia: The months of May to October can offer you lower prices. The temperature is usually warm and there are occasional rains.
Things to do in Cambodia:
- Marvel at the most splendid Cambodia’s attraction – Angkor Wat
- Visit Great Lake Tonle Sap and Floating Village
- Ride a tuk-tuk
- Have a taste of Cambodia’s authentic dishes
- Join locals in the Traditional Aspara Dance Show
- Visit the Angkor Thom, Royal Palace in Phnom Penh, Koh Thonsay, Kep National Park, etc.
8. Myanmar (Burma), for combination of relaxation and adventure
If you are in the hunt for exclusive villas and pool plus the romantic beach dinner, you might just want to pack your bags now and head to Myanmar. Since it was not open to tourism before, Burma had many pristine beaches to wow you.
Best time to visit Myanmar: Since Myanmar is also a tropical country, too many rains can be experienced during May to October. The months of November to February can be the best time since the weather is more manageable.
Things to do in Myanmar:
- Go for an overnight cruise from Mandalay to Bagan
- Have a mysterious exploration in Mandalay’s lost cities
- Ride hot air balloon from Ngapali
- Enjoy trekking from Keng Tung
- Bond with locals at Burmese festival
- Visit the best places like Shwedagon Pagoda, Hlawga National Park, Yangon Zoological Gardens, Inya Lake, Mandalay Palace, Pindaya Caves and more.
Places to stay in Myanmar: Thande Beach Hotel. Check out our listings:Top 10 Most Romantic Myanmar (Burma) Hotels for your Honeymoon,
9. Laos, for a magical trip
This country is so magical with its pristine and undisturbed spots. Laos was only opened to international tourists recently and goers are enjoying the boat trips in Mekong River and exploring different temples.
Best time to visit: Laos The weather is warm from October to April and will be best if you want some suntan. On the other hand, you can have an awesome river journey from November to January where the water rises at Mekong River
Things to do in Laos:
- Enjoy a one-day boat trip along the Mekong River
- Witness a romantic sunset from Phousi Hill
- Explore beautiful temples
- Shop souvenirs in Luang Prabang Night Market
- Discover Laos’ treasures in Royal Palace
- Have a tour at the Pha That Luang Temple, Patuxai, Mount Phousi, Bolaven Plateau Waterfall and more.
Place to stay in Laos: Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao
10. Timor-Leste, for traditional honeymoon experiences
Timor-Leste might not be known for honeymoon spots, but it has its rich coral reef diversity, stunning azure shores, and cultural heritage. It is considered as a “hidden gem” of the Southeast and you might want to experience its wonders.
Best time to visit Timor-Leste: April to July can be the right period to head over to experience the best weather.
Things to do in Timor-Leste:
- Explore Jaco Island
- Enjoy hiking at Mount Ramelau
- Relax at Marobo Hot Springs
- Shop at Tais Market
- Visit St. Anthony’s Cathedral
Places to stay in Timor-Leste: Arbiru Beach Resort
Honeymoon is one of the most awaited periods after the wedding. After the stress of preparing or your wedding, you can finally have the getaway that you deserve. It is with great hope that TWV’s list of Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in Southeast Asia helped you in choosing your place.
This post was brought to you The Wedding Vow. Big thanks to Photographer Phuket Thailand for the featured image.
All opinions remain writer’s own. For more information, kindly refer to our copyright & disclosure policy.