Top 10 Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations in the Philippines
After the wedding usually comes a blissful and stress-free honeymoon. If you still haven’t found that honeymoon spot yet, look no further. With more than 7000 islands, the Philippines is definitely the place of romance, happiness, and spontaneous adventure.
The Philippines is an archipelago in South East Asia with diversity pouring out its streets and landmarks. Spend time in the cities and see the life of the locals, immerse yourself in the secret islands and bask in the majesty of the sun, sand, and dreamy waters. The Philippines has so much to offer that we rounded up the Top 10 Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations in the Philippines, from Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and see the spectacular beauty and history that this place has to offer.
Table of Contents
Top Honeymoon Destination in the Philippines
Top 10 Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations in the Philippines
1. El Nido, for the perfect romantic honeymoon spot
El Nido is in the northern tip of Palawan and is the perfect retreat built for a romantic honeymoon experience in the Philippines. The coastal town used to be a well-kept secret among locals but has continued to boom as a tourism destination in the country. With its lagoons, coral reefs and turquoise green waters, you won’t go wrong with this place as your Philippine honeymoon destination.
Best time to visit El Nido
With a minimum of 22°C and a maximum of 33°C on average, El Nido has a nice climate all year round. The best time to go and have your honeymoon in El Nido is during the months of November – May, with November to February experience a cooler temperature with the sunny sky and March to May with the heat turning up as it becomes summer. Consider going between March-May if you want to go scuba diving as this is the best time.
We recommend skipping the months of June to October as these are the months with most rains.
Top Things to Do
- Island hop to your heart’s content and see the different areas of the Bacuit archipelago with the popular Tour A and C, but no doubt that Tours B and D are worth trying too!
- Experience the water and the marine life of El Nido and go diving, kayaking, and snorkeling.
- Spend a day in Nacpan Beach and marvel at one of El Nido’s best sunset spots!
- Visit and laze around together in Lio Beach and go restaurant and bar hopping. Don’t forget to drop by Kalye Artesano to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Explore El Nido in style aboard the luxury tours and expeditions of El Nido Party Boat.
- Wander around with the locals of Tao Philippines’ expeditions and retreats.
Check our Palawan Things to Do Guide >
Recommended Place to Stay in El Nido
Seda Lio, a tranquil haven for a peaceful honeymoon
Set in the middle of a nature reserve, Seda Lio faces the Lio Beach in the Lio Tourism Estate in El Nido. The 5-star resort has an outdoor swimming pool and has a 4 kilometer stretch of fine white sand beach. The property is enveloped with lush greens and endemic flora that offer stunning views of the outdoors just outside your suite.
Check rates for Seda Lio here >
2. Siargao Island
Popularly known as the best surfing spot in the Philippines, Siargao is a great place for your honeymoon. An entire island covered in palm trees, any person looking for an escape from the “real world” can find it here in Siargao. Spend your first days as lifelong partners in the simple, quiet, secluded Siargao and revel in the white sandy beaches, sandbars, waterfalls, lagoons and palm-lined streets of this teardrop-shaped island.
Best Time to Visit Siargao Island
For avid surfers or couples who want to indulge themselves chasing the waves, the seasons don’t really matter as the waves are great all year. Although July to November is the heights of the surfing season and September is the annual surfing competition. For island hopping enthusiasts and beach bums, the best time to go on a Siargao honeymoon is from March to May.
Top Things to Do
- Don’t miss out on the waves, go surfing!
- Find a private beach and hang out the whole day under the sun. You might even get lucky and have Doot Beach all to yourselves.
- Explore Siargao’s islands and hop in a boat to go island hopping.
- Wander around Siargao and discover the island in a land tour.
- Go on an adventure and see the lagoons on the island.
- Visit different beaches on your Siargao honeymoon such as the Pacifico beach and Alegria beach, you can also take a side trip to the Taktak waterfalls!
- Go on a spelunking trip to the Bolitas, Hagukan, Magkuku-ob Caves, and the Jellyfish Sanctuary.
Recommended Place to Stay on Siargao Island:
Sandy Feet Siargao, for the amazing views of Siargao’s three most famous islands
Sandy Feet Siargao is popular among couples for good reason: it is located in a quiet area of General Luna and offers resort-styled beachfront accommodations. Aside from that, this bed and breakfast offers unparalleled serenity and comfort, making it ideal for a peaceful and intimate honeymoon retreat! We also like how they provide all of the conveniences of home while overlooking Siargao’s three most famous islands: Guyam, Dako, and Naked Island. You and your partner can also spend a lazy day lounging around and soaking up the sun, or swimming in the Pacific’s crystal-clear blue waters. In the evening, keep things relaxed by firing up the grill and dining alfresco on the large veranda, which also has additional seating for enjoying the cool sea breeze.
What’s more, Sandy Feet has you covered if you’re looking for some activities to spice up your honeymoon! Paddleboarding, snorkelling, diving, and island hopping are just a few of the activities available to visitors. And the good life gets even better because the villas include daily housekeeping, and their friendly staff is committed to ensuring you have the best holiday possible!
|Check rates on Booking.com and Agoda >|
Boracay has always been one of the best honeymoon destinations in the Philippines. It has also been named one of the best beaches in the world and that is no doubt because of the pristine white sandy beaches and romantic setup. The island has been recently reopened to the public after undergoing a rehabilitation period in 2019. This is the ultimate beach getaway for newlyweds looking to lounge under the sun, party the night away, and swim in the calm waters of the sea while celebrating the new life ahead of them.
Best Time to Visit Boracay
Boracay weather is beautiful all-year-round but the peak season runs from November to April, these months have nice temperatures and little to no rainfall. This is the perfect time to go swimming, surfing, and try other sea activities.
The offseason is June to September since these months are the rainy season.
Top Things to Do
- Go island hopping and explore the different beaches of Boracay on your honeymoon.
- Don’t miss out on Boracay’s famous Jonah’s fruit shake!
- Dine amidst the treetops of Rima Restaurant in Shangri-La Boracay Resort & Spa.
- Hop on a paraw boat and glide through the waters of Boracay with the stunning sunset as your backdrop.
- Dance the night away at Epic or Summer Palace!
- Feast over seafood at D’Talipapa.
- Loosen up with endless water activities on the island – parasailing, kiteboarding, jet skiing, stand up paddle boarding, and canoeing.
- See the amazingly rich marine life of Boracay in a scuba diving adventure.
- Get rugged and ride an ATV up and down the hills!
- Try different cocktails at Prisma poolside bar.
- Get a relaxing spa session at the Mandala Spa.
Read our Boracay Guide >
Recommended Place to Stay in Boracay
Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa, for a luxurious paradise
Just the name Shangri-La will give you an idea that this resort will give you a honeymoon stay worth remembering and a paradise like no other. A private retreat in a secluded cove that is surrounded by natural beauty, there is no shortage of romance and luxury in this high-end resort.
Choosing your villa will be a feat too, whether you want a garden surrounding you or you want to be on top of a tree, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa has it for you. Choose the Treehouse Villa for that sweeping views of the resort and the Jacuzzi tub on the balcony or the Loft Garden Villa that has its own infinity pool and a garden view.
Check rates for Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa here >
Check our Review here >
The Queen City of the South, Cebu is a majestic combination of the city and the countryside. Whether you want your honeymoon to be filled with sunny days under the palm trees of the beach or immersing yourselves in the culture and history of the city, Cebu has something to offer for whatever your preference is on your honeymoon.
Best Time to Visit Cebu
Cebu starts the year with its annual Sinulog Festival in honor of the Sto. Nino, it’s one of a kind celebration in the country so it’s a great time to be in the city! The festival is in January and it’s included in the best months to go and visit. Starting from December to May, the weather is cool and less humid, and in summer (March-May), the weather becomes hot and humid. The rainy season is from June to August.
Top Things to Do
- Go island hopping and visit various islands.
- See Moalboal and discover Cebu’s marine biodiversity. See Pescador Island’s underwater world, Turtle Bay’s sea turtles, and the beauty of Kawasan Falls’ three-layer cascade.
- Explore Bantayan Island’s pristine beaches, go spelunking in Ogtong Cave, and watch the sunrise and sunsets too!
- Visit Malapascua and go scuba diving or beach hopping or snorkel at Lapus Lapus beach, Los Bamboos, Lighthouse, Langub beach, Bounty beach.
- Swim with the whale sharks of Oslob and visit Tumalog Falls and Sumilon Island Sandbar.
- Get in touch with the local culture and the amazing historical landmarks by touring the city on your Cebu honeymoon. Check out our things to do in Cebu City guide here.
- Party the night away at Ibiza Beach Club!
- Don’t forget to try the world-famous lechon Cebu. The best places to try it are Zubochon, Cn and Rico’s, and Ayer and Carcar! The late Anthony Bourdain even declared it the “best pig ever.”
- Spend two nights at Plantation Bay to relax from all the island tours and experience their luxury award-winning Magambo Spa.
Recommended Place to Stay in Cebu
Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island, for a Mediterranean-inspired honeymoon
An exclusive 5-star beachfront resort in Cebu that is perfect for couples that are hip and fun-loving. Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island is surrounded by marine life, is a trendy and comfortable spot for couples. The resort is the ultimate abode for those millennial couples who love fun, parties, and entertainment as Ibiza is here.
Stay at the Presidential Suite for all the stylish and premium amenities. The suite comes with a Jacuzzi and is located on the topmost floor of the hotel.
Check rates for Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island here >
Bohol is an island just a short ferry ride away from Cebu or 1.5 hours plane ride from Manila. Home to virgin islands, exotic beaches, river cruises, and jungle adventures, Bohol offers an array of activities for newlyweds on their honeymoon vacation. It is a city where you can relax but also immerse yourselves in history, nature, without the loud bustle of a business district.
Best Time to Visit Bohol
Bohol is nice to visit all year round and unlike other places on this list, it is surrounded by the sea but doesn’t get hit by the strong typhoons come rainy season in the county.
The best time to go on a honeymoon in Bohol is from December to March since by these months, the rains from the wet season have most likely ceased and the cooler temperature comes. It is also nice to go during the months of June – October; these are the months with fewer tourists, cooler weather, and empty beaches.
Top Things to Do
- Spend a day under the sun or go scuba diving in Alona Beach.
- See the playful dolphins on an Pamilacan Island Tour!
- Snorkel and swim with the turtles of Bacalisag Island
- Explore Bohol’s countryside and historic places on this Bohol Countryside Tour.
- Get romantic and watch fireflies flutter about in the Abatan River Firefly Tour.
Recommended Place to Stay in Bohol
Amorita Resort, for a peaceful tropical hideaway
A peaceful tropical hideaway on top a limestone cliff that overlooks Alona Beach, Amorita Resort in Bohol is one romantic spot for your honeymoon hideaway. Fall in love with each other with the resort’s verdant tropical landscape and secret beach.
Book your hideaway in the Sea View Pool Villa for that quiet and romantic honeymoon with a garden area, a plunge pool, and a patio with a heart-stopping view of the Bohol Sea.
Check rates for Amorita Resort here >
Check our Review here >
Coron is a dreamy wedge-shaped limestone island in the province of Palawan. A honeymoon trip to Coron includes stunning blue waters such as lagoons, coral gardens, snow-white sand beaches, and lakes. Offering so much adventure for a honeymoon destination, the nature of Coron is a bit rustic and worth taking the time to explore together with your partner.
Best Time to Visit Coron
The best time to visit Coron is during the months of December to March which has the most pleasant weather for the province. It gets warm and humid after March as summer starts and the rains arrive by May and stay until November. But like the other places in the Philippines, as a tropical country, the weather is warm all year round.
Top Things to Do
- Go on an ultimate tour of blue-green watered lagoons and limestone cliffs of Coron.
- Bask in the beaches of Malcapuya Island, Banana Island, and Bulog Dos Island on an island escapade tour.
- Discover and see the shipwrecks from World War II and marvel at the soft and hard corals in this diving tour.
- Visit the highest point in Coron and take a dip into Maquinit Hot Springs and relax.
- Go on a safari adventure in Coron’s very own African savannah and see a variety of local and exotic animals.
Recommended Place to Stay in Coron
Club Paradise, for a true island experience
Club Paradise is an exclusive 19-hectare island resort in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve with a 700 m beach stretch that is pristine and stunning. The resort offers comfortable living in traditional-styled huts and is super luxurious perfect for a honeymoon island getaway.
Book your island experience in a sunset villa that is in a private beach area and your home away from home that is the cherry on top of your honeymoon celebration.
Check rates for Club Paradise here >
Home to the stunning Mayon Volcano, Albay is a province in the Bicol region that is filled with several natural wonders, marine life, historic landmarks, and delectably spicy food. This is a great gateway to a few places in the Bicol region to have fun on your honeymoon. With a variety of beaches to visit from golden sands to black sand coasts, to caves, waterfalls, and ruins, you can have so much fun in your honeymoon in Albay.
Best Time to Visit Albay
Albay weather is like that of the whole country where the summers are hot and humid and the winter or rainy season, cooler with rains. The best time to go on a honeymoon in Albay is from December to February when the weather is pleasant and warm enough to go about. The shoulder months of May and November are great if you’re looking for fewer crowds that still have nice weather.
Top Things to Do
- Hop on board the Albay Sunset Cruise and have a romantic time enjoying cocktails and canapes while cruising along the Pacific Ocean with an amazing view of the sunset by the Mayon Volcano.
- Visit the site of what’s left of the town of Cagsawa on a Cagsawa Ruins Tour.
- Go beach hopping and try different water activities.
- Be adventurous and go on a thrilling ATV ride on the foothills of Mayon Volcano!
- Admire the century-old churches of Tabaco and Daraga.
- Go for a romantic run along Legazpi Blvd and admire the views of the Mayon Volcano.
Recommended Places to Stay in Albay
Misibis Bay Resort, where you can get both tranquility and adventure in one place
For couples looking to really distress after all the planning for the wedding and the actual wedding, let loose in Misibis Bay Resort that is a tropical destination located in a private island resort in Albay where you can either lounge under the palm trees or go on adventures all day long. Your honeymoon is complete with the relaxing spa, modern villa, and amazing cuisine that the resort offers on your stay.
Check rates for Misibis Bay here >
Just a short drive south of Manila, Tagaytay is everything you want in a short escape from city living. With its cool weather, gorgeous views of Taal Volcano, great food, and great ambience, a honeymoon trip in Tagaytay whether just for a weekend or a week or two, there won’t be any shortage of things to do on your honeymoon escape from the city.
Best Time to Visit Tagaytay*
With its proximity to Manila, Tagaytay is very easy to go to for a relaxing weekend getaway or a short honeymoon side trip. The best time to visit is from November to March to really experience the coolness of the weather of the place.
Summer months from March to May have the ideal weather for picnics and sightseeing and outdoor activities, while the winter months are a bit cooler than in the cities. As with the rest of the country, the months of June to September bring in the rainy season.
Top Things to Do
- Have a hearty breakfast at Breakfast at Antonio’s.
- Hike to the crater of Taal Volcano and marvel at the beauty of the lake.
- Go on a playful date at Sky Ranch!
- Get artsy and visit Museo Orlina.
- Book a session of couple’s massage at The Bathhouse at Qiwellness Living.
- Feel fancy on a romantic dinner at Antonio’s or if you want something lowkey, try the Bulalo at Verbena, a local specialty in Tagaytay.
Recommended Place to Stay in Tagaytay
Discovery Country Suites, for a chill staycation that feels like home
A hotel that is reminiscent of those stately summer homes with oak and stone foundations, Discovery Country Suites is in one of the most picturesque destinations in the Philippines. A honeymoon stay here is an easy escape to the maddening noise of the cities you’ve been used to.
Stay at the Ceylon suite that is perfect for couples who want privacy on their honeymoon and has excellent views of the garden and ridge.
Check rates for Discovery Country Suites here >
If you are up for a different kind of adventure on your honeymoon in the Philippines, why not go to the northernmost part of the country, Batanes, and see a place with unparalleled beauty and mesmerizing scenery.
Batanes has three inhabited islands you can choose from for your honeymoon, Batan and Sabtang are ideal for couples who want to experience the rolling hills and variety of massive rock formations, beaches, and coves while Itbayat is the largest island that couples can visit and get the sense of the elevation of the island.
Best Time to Visit Batanes
The best time to visit Batanes is December to May as it’s the dry season and has nice weather, the months of December to February are a bit colder than the months of March to June which has minimal rainfall and apparent sunny days.
A thing to note while planning your honeymoon in Batanes is that the province is directly facing the Pacific Ocean and is hit by most of the typhoons that pass through the Philippines.
Top Things to Do
- Explore Ivatan culture by visiting traditional villages, walk along Morong Beach, and even try on an Ivatan headgear from the Sabtang Weavers Association.
- See the rolling hills of Batan’s Vayang Rolling Hills and Valugan Boulder Beach and wander around Basco Town Proper in this Batan Island North Tour.
- Visit the Tayid Lighthouse where you’ll be transported to what seems like the set of Lord of the Ring with views of the mountains and the fence of hedgerows that surround you.
- Wander around the idyllic Diura Fishing Village which is best to visit during the summer as it is the season of fishing. Learn about the age-old fishing traditions and drop the famous Spring of Youth.
- Swim in a small lagoon that is a stunning alternative to the unpredictable waters of Batanes, the Horomon Blue Lagoon.
- Have a beach day and just lounge around under the sun in Chadpidan beach or Nakabuang Beach.
- Take a relaxing stroll together around the town and immerse yourself in the Ivatan people, history, and culture.
Recommended Place to Stay in Batanes
Fundacion Pacita, for the promise of genuine relaxation in nature
Situated atop a verdant hill and caught between the mountain, sea, and sky, Fundacion Pacita is where earth and art come together for a wonderful and unforgettable honeymoon in Batanes. It has the best views of Basco’s scenic landscape and gives you the feeling of being warm at home with your loved ones. Its room designs are inspired by the traditional Ivatan home, made of local stone, and named after the local terms of wind directions.
Book your culturally inspired honeymoon in Valugan 2, located outside the main building of the hotel and has a balcony facing the Pacific.
A longer drive from Manila than Tagaytay, Batangas is a favorite getaway in the Philippines because of its nearness to the capital and its amazing beaches. Batangas is a province full of history, nature, stunning beaches and the most accessible diving sites for a honeymoon made for adventure-seeking newlyweds! A haven for history, heritage, and food, try the famous Batangas Lomi, see the historical town of Taal, and of course, the amazing diving sites and beaches.
Best Time to Visit Batangas
The best time to visit is during the start of the year from January to March, with its clear skies and sunshiny days but with fewer tourists than the summer from April to May.
Top Things to Do
- Discover the underwater world of Anilao’s wide variety of marine life and go diving.
- Enjoy Swimming along Laiya Beach
- Spend a few days indulging in organic self-care at the globally recognized, sought-after holistic medical wellness destination, The Farm at San Benito.
- Climb mountains and reach the summit of Mt. Batulao, Mt. Maculot, and Pico de Loro.
- Go island hopping and see Fortune Island, Verde Islands, Pulo Island, and other amazing beaches.
- Know the culture and catch a festival or two such as the Sublian Festival, a celebration of the devotion to the Holy Cross in Bauan and Agoncillo, as well as the Sto. Nino in Batangas City and the Ala Eh Festival that celebrates anything and everything about the Batangas province.
Recommended Place to Stay in Batangas
Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort, for a Maldives-inspired surrounding
A resort reminiscent of the Maldives but without going over the budget you’ve set for a honeymoon destination. Situated along 24 hectares of white sandy beaches and rolling hills, Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort is a simple place to celebrate your honeymoon in its 3 beaches that comes with amazing sunrises and sunsets, gardens, and the waters of Batangas.
Stay in one of the treehouses on a hill with amazing views you’ll enjoy or feel luxurious in one of the floating cottages.
Bonus: Pamalican Island
Home to the most exclusive island resort in the Philippines, Pamalican Island is a small island that is part of the Cuyo Archipelago in Sulu Sea located between Panay and Palawan. A honeymoon here will surely be one of luxury and exclusiveness as the island is only accessible by a private charter plane from Manila.
Best Time to Visit Pamalican Island
Pamalican Island is outside the typhoon belt, so the island experiences less rainfall than the rest of the country. Generally, anytime is best to visit due to this but the dry season is from November to May, but June and October get scattered rain showers. January is the coolest month and May is the hottest.
Top Things to Do
- Enjoy the white sandy beach of Amanpulo.
- Go snorkeling and see the tropical fish that live in the waters of Amanpulo.
- Dive underwater and see the underwater marine life with the Amanpulo Dive Shop.
- Get a relaxing massage or spa treatment at the Amanpulo Spa that comes with an amazing view of the island.
- Try your hand at different water activities like kayaking, windsurfing, and sailing.
- Gaze at the stars if you happen upon a clear night with the resort’s astronomical refractor telescope.
Recommended Place to Stay in Pamalican Island
Amanpulo, for a peaceful and luxurious honeymoon in the most exclusive island resort
Amanpulo means a peaceful island. With its breathtaking white sandy beaches, pristine reefs and exclusivity to the highest level. Staying here means access to all-day beach lounging, diving, and kite surfing. Choose to stay in a hillside casita for wonderful hillside sea views, or a treetop casita with privacy and serene views of the trees and the resort’s surroundings, or the beach casita that is right on the white sand beach of the island.
So that’s the end of our Top 10 Most Popular Honeymoon Destination in the Philippines, hopefully, you’ve picked your honeymoon spot and start booking the places you want to see! Loved this article? Don’t forget to share this with your friends and family to let them know that they should visit these awesome places in the Philippines!
Also, do not miss our wedding guide and honeymoon guide. If you need any help in planning your New Zealand honeymoon, drop us a note or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to help!