To help you budget for your wedding, we share the average cost of weddings in Singapore and the breakdown of each category – from banquet to photography.
Planning a party for 100 or more can be challenging. Budgeting is key to planning a successful celebration. On average, weddings in Singapore cost about $30,000 to $50,000 and can go up to $100,000. The cost of the wedding largely depends on the type of wedding you envision, as well as the scale of it and the number of guests you are planning to invite.
This article will show you the various components of a wedding (we try to be as detailed as possible), and we researched the average costs of each to help you better plan for it. We also share some tips on how you can save, along with our vendor recommendations for each category. Check out the information of each category, and do refer to the table summary at the bottom of the guide.
The Average Cost of Weddings in Singapore
Saving Tip Before We Begin
Save more by charging your wedding expenses to your credit card. We went with the American Express True Cashback Card as it offered a whopping 3% cashback up to S$5,000 spend for the first 6 months. Not that the 6 months mattered to us as we spent S$5,000 on the first week upon receiving the card!! (Spend wisely though.) Subsequent amounts receive a 1.5% cashback with no minimum spend and no earn cap, simple and straightforward, which was what we needed considering all the headaches from the wedding planning. Apply for your American Express True Cashback Card here, which shows a comparison of the best credit cards to have in Singapore.
Should you get a personal loan for your wedding?
We recommend spending within your means for your wedding as you should try to avoid debt and any unnecessary stress. But if you are looking to create your dream wedding and need a loan to tide you through, click here for a full list of personal loans from the various banks in Singapore.
ROM & Solemnization ($2,500 – $7,000)
It does not cost much to get legally married in Singapore. The actual cost to get registered is only $42 (Singaporeans & PR), and $380 if you both are foreigners.
The bulk of the cost comes in hosting a lunch reception. If your solemnization is separate from your wedding banquet, it will usually consist of a venue booking and a lunch reception.
Venue bookings ($1000 – $3000)
- If you plan to have your solemnization outside of ROM, booking fees for churches range from $1,000 – $3,000. Some churches take donations instead, and some churches are only open to members. Click here for a list of church wedding venues.
- Most restaurants quote a minimum spend on F&B. If you are able to hit that, they will usually waive any venue booking fee.
- Hotels may have solemnization venues that you can use if you throw your wedding reception or banquet at their ballroom venues.
Lunch Reception ($1,500 – $4,000)
For your lunch reception, you will usually get a caterer. On average, standard lunch menus usually average from $15 – 25 per guest. For 100-150 guests, it will range from $1,500 – 4,000.
For a more bespoke experience, menus start from $25 per guest. Your reception will start from $4,000 upwards for 100 guests.
Red Packet ($80 – $120)
It is customary to give your solemnizer a red packet. On average, people give about $80 – $120. The minimum amount is $50, as per the guidelines on ROM website. If your solemnisation venue is not at ROM, do accommodate the transportation cost.
Wedding Banquet ($15,000 – $36,000)
Wedding banquets on average cost about $100 – $180 per person. Chinese weddings on average have 150 – 200 guests, bringing the total cost to be $15,000 – $36,000.
Depending on the venue you choose, expensive venues can go up to $200 per pax. Click here for a list of venues and the banquet prices. Find out our wedding venue recommendations for this year, or find a venue that will suit your theme.
- Host your wedding on a weekday, or opt for a weekend luncheon instead. Prices will be cheaper.
- Instead of a hotel ballroom, you can opt for a Chinese restaurant.
- If your parents insist on hosting it in a hotel, you can opt for a 3 – 4-star hotel, or a boutique hotel to save on cost.
- Host your solemnization just before your banquet, so you can skip on the lunch reception.
Engagement Ring ($3,000 – $5,000)
Most people budget around $3,000 – $5,000 for their engagement ring.
The average budget can get you a ~0.3 – 0.4 carat diamond (with setting), depending on where you purchase it from, and the specifications.
Recommended Vendor: MADLY, for bespoke artisanal engagement rings.
Homegrown in Singapore, MADLY is an international award-winning bespoke jeweller who creates breathtaking, prismatic treasures for clients who value individuality when it comes to their jewellery. This sparkle house believes that true luxury is customised, not standardised. They also encourage their customers to shop around as much as they can before coming to see them. This way, you would “see the difference” of their gemstones that are carefully selected from the finest 1% of gem-quality material mined and cut by tradesmen who ethically source and craft for the world’s most renowned jewellery houses.
MADLY’s commitment to provocative design, peerless craftsmanship, and quality gemstones of exceptional colour, cut, and brilliance earned them a feature in the International New York Times, as well as worldwide recognition such as Singapore Tatler’s Best Jewellers, and ‘Jeweller Of The Year – Asia’ in the recent UK Luxury Travel Guide’s Lifestyle Awards 2018/2019. Expert jewellers of MADLY dedicate themselves to replicating your wishes from conceptualisation to finishing, making sure your jewel blossoms into something that’s worthy to be called the symbol of your love. They don’t just make jewellery for you; they make it about you! Schedule a free, no-pressure appointment with them here.
Read our guide on How to buy an engagement ring in Singapore. Find out where to buy your engagement rings in Singapore. You may hear rumours of a 2 or 3-month salary rule of thumb for the budget, though my advice is not to be pressured by it. Buying an engagement ring is a solely personal decision.
Customising your own wedding ring nowadays is more common and affordable. Before buying a ring, be sure to do your research, or sign up for a class to learn more about diamond shopping.
- Rings from commercial retail outlets are generally more expensive for rings of similar specifications, as there is a markup for the retail spaces.
- Shopping online for cheaper alternatives could be an option, though be wary and only shop from reputable online jewellers. Make sure that your diamond ring comes with proper certification that matches the ring.
- You can choose to compromise measurements for one of the 4Cs – cut, clarity, colour, and carat to better fit your budget.
Wedding Bands ($3,000 – $5,000)
A pair of bands on average cost between $3,000 – $4,000 for a pair.
The cost depends on the brand, type of material (18K gold or platinum), and whether you want to include diamonds or gemstones on your band.
Bridal package: Wedding gown & suit ($2,000 – $6,000)
Bridal packages on average cost about $2,000 – $6,000.
Bridal studios are often one-stop solutions. For convenience, you can pick up a bridal package that includes wedding gown and suit rental, pre-wedding/actual day photography, makeup and hairstyling services. The eventual cost depends on the inclusions you want. For the photoshoot, it depends on the locations and number of photos you wish to purchase. Some bridal studios have destination shoot services too.
It likely is more expensive to go ala-carte, though going ala-carte can allow you to select vendors with specific styles you prefer.
If you wish to go ala-carte,
- Renting an ‘off-the-rack’ gown on average ranges from $500 – $1,500, depending on the boutique you choose.
- Customising your own ‘made-to-measure’ gown on average ranges from $1,000 – $3,000.
Wedding shoes ($100 – $200)
I got my shoes from ChristyNg, which allows you to design your own. Though you can simply shop around the stores for a cheaper pair that will match your gown. Most bridal boutiques have accessories that you can borrow with the gown, otherwise you can use your own.
Actual day wedding services: photography, videography & montage ($2,500 – $5,000)
On average, actual-day wedding photography costs $1,000 – $2,000. Check our Noteworthy Wedding Photographers.
Recommended Wedding Photographer: Dapper Pictures, for capturing your most beautiful and precious moments
Kevin, principal photographer of Dapper Pictures, is an award winning photographer with his works featured both locally and overseas. As a wedding photographer, Kevin feels happiest connecting with couples and capturing their unique love story and precious moments on camera. Dapper Pictures is highly recommended by their couples for his quality of work and dedication to details. Kevin commits to no more than 4 shoots each month, as he strongly believes in keeping himself fresh, creative and passionate. On top of his dedicated professionalism and likeability by couples and guests at weddings, another reason for our recommendation is that his photography package is great value for his work which includes both pre-wedding and actual-day at just below $2,000! Click here for the full package inclusions.
Actual day wedding videography costs $1,500 – $3,000. The eventual cost depends on whether you want half-day (4 – 5 hours) or full-day (10 hours). Per hour rates on average range from $150 – $350. Check our Noteworthy Wedding Videographers.
Videography requires more equipment and manpower. Editing also takes more hours, and rushing out a same-day edit (SDE) can be stressful, hence the higher cost. But videography captures moving expressions that photos will not capture.
Recommended Wedding Videographer: 50nFifty, for beautiful and heartwarming storytelling
Founded in 2013 by Creative Director Cino Chee, 50nFifty Productions has been producing beautiful images and impactful narratives for couples through their lenses. Photographing and filming since 2008, Cino is not a believer of formulaic and run-of-mill photography and videography. “Cameras alone do not tell the story, people do.” Known for his signature contemporary journalism style, Cino is on a constant quest to push boundaries as he moves hearts through his meaningful and purposeful creations.
On top of their vast experience and quality equipment used, Cino and his team make it a point to get to know you and your story, and find out what matters to you as a couple in order to capture the beautiful testimony of your love story on their cameras. 50nFifty offers storytelling videography for both pre-wedding and actual day. To maintain a high quality of their works, the team commits to no more than 3 assignments per month. Read their reviews here and send them a message here.
Montages on average are about $100 – 300. You can do it yourself if you have the time, otherwise click here for a list of montage vendors.
- Opt for a company that does both photography and videography for combo packages.
- Promotional packages may feature complimentary pre-wedding shoots, montages or SDE. Do ask if they are running any offers.
Bridal Spa ($200 – $1,100)
Pamper your skin before your wedding to boost that glowing look brides have on their wedding day. Bridal Spa Packages on average costs $200 – $1,100, depending on the package duration that you will choose.
Check out our recommended Top 10 Spas in Singapore for your Wedding Day.
Recommended vendor: Porcelain, for skin refinement and innovative treatment
Porcelain has taken the industry by storm since its foundation by Pauline Ng in 2009, collecting 60 awards from media and recognised institutions. Taking nature and technology, two elements seemingly at odds with each other and merging them into harmonious skin care solutions enable this face spa to target the root of the problem and stimulate regeneration – never a symptomatic approach. All of Porcelain’s products are carefully formulated and crafted in-house using only the finest ingredients to ensure the consistently high-quality formulations that suit all skin types – specifically designed for use in humid climates like Singapore.
Each of Porcelain’s highly trained therapists notes down your skin’s stories to create a personalised treatment regime designed to accurately address your skin’s needs. Whether it’s the mask used for your spa facial or the moisturiser you bring home, you can be assured that your skin will be nurtured and nourished. They are also known for no hard-selling and transparency. Book an appointment here and walk down the aisle with that sought-after ethereal bridal glow.
Makeup artist & hairstylist ($400 – $800)
Makeup artists (MUA) on average costs $400 – $800, depending on half or full day and how many looks you want.
- Hire the same makeup artist for your pre-wedding and ROM/actual day and may get a promotional rate
Attire & makeup for moms & bridal party ($500 – $1000)
Budget at least $500 – $1000 for your entourage, depending on how big it is.
- Each outfit for a bridesmaid ranges from $50 – $100.
- For makeup and hairstyling, per pax costs about $100 – $150.
- For groomsmen, it depends on your choice of outfit.
For your mother and mother-in-law, it is optional to do this depending on whether they already have a suitable outfit, but we allocated about $300 – $500 each to shop for an outfit for them.
- Have separate artists work on your family and bridal party. Depending on how many bridesmaids and the timeframe you have, you will want to allocate 1 artiste to max 3 bridesmaids. As I had 7 bridesmaids, their makeup was done by Eesha K (recently rebranded as EK Makeup Studio). They have a big team.
- For our wedding, I got infinity convertible dresses from The BMD Shop ($33 – 39). These dresses made it very easy for they are free-sizing and they can be wrapped in different styles. Check out this list of blog shops for bridesmaid dresses.
- Forever New also has many gorgeous collections for bridesmaids, though the pricing is more expensive from $100 – $200 for each dress. I bought their shoes from Mitju ($40 each). For our groomsmen, we got full suits from Zara during a sale, and each suit was about $150. We bought our ties online. Each groomsman wore their own brown shoes and inner dress shirt. Do shop around during Great Singapore Sale! Click here for photos.
Flowers ($500 – $1,000)
Budget at least $500 – $1,000 for flowers
For flowers, you will need to get the following, and below are the average costs:
- Bridal bouquet: $100 – 150
- Bridesmaids bouquet: $50-70 each
- Boutonnieres & Corsages for groomsmen and family: $10-20 each
- Decorations, if needed: depends on requirements. Centerpieces are about $50-100 each. VIP table is about $100 – 200.
- Car decoration: $100 – 200
- Opt for artificial flowers to save cost, and you can keep them as souvenirs too.
Wedding Planning / Styling ($2,000 – $3,500)*
On average, wedding planning costs about $1000 – $1500 for the service fee. Do ask if the vendor includes actual-day coordination as well.
For a wedding stylist, the average cost is about $1000 – $2000 for the service fee. The fee excludes the props, rental of equipment, and eventual cost will depend on how extensive your decorations are. Check out the Top 10 Wedding Stylists in Singapore, and here is a list of popular wedding themes you can choose from.
You might want to budget an amount for decorations and props as well. Below are some elements you may want to consider. Here is a list of shops to get your wedding decorations and props.
- Wedding arch
- Reception/album table
- Table Centerpieces
- If you opt for a hotel/venue that has incorporated styling and decorations into their packages, that may reduce the need to get an external vendor.
- You can opt for bigger props to make a statement piece, and possibly use for a photo backdrop.
Wedding cake ($500 – $1,000)*
Budget around $500 – $1,000 for a wedding cake. A dessert table on average will cost you about $500 – $1,500.
If you are having a hotel wedding, they would have a model cake included in the package, as well as champagne. Champagne for popping costs about $40 – $80/bottle on average.
Wedding Invitations ($200 – $400)*
Wedding Invites cost about $1.50 – $3 per invite. Budget about $150 – $450 for this. Here are the Top 10 invitation designers in Singapore.
Recommended vendor: mylin design & co. for personalised & nature-inspired designs
What started as a desire to help friends to customise dreamy invitations for their weddings soon turned into a full-time commitment. To Mylin, designing can make a difference to everyday life and allows people to connect over meaningful designs. Her passion lies in exploring new textures and mediums, to create personalised invitations that express the couple’s unique style and identity. Each design is unique and meticulously handcrafted, all in line with her ethos of ‘less is more’. Often inspired by nature, her works are beautiful and surreal. Besides designing wedding stationery, her services also include creating wedding animation/video montage, reception styling, and corporate design. Check out her portfolio here.
Wedding Car Rental ($300 – $600)*
The average cost to rent a wedding car is $300 – $600.
The cost depends on the model you pick and the hours you rent for. Here are 12 Places for Wedding Car Rental in Singapore. Do ask if the vendor has packages that include car decorations.
- Alternatively, you can use your own car, or ask around to borrow a suitable car model
Photo Booth ($500 – $1,000)*
Photo booth rates on average range from $500 – $1000 for 1-2 hours.
The package cost depends on how many hours you require. Check out our recommended list of Noteworthy Photobooths for Your Wedding Day.
- If you wish to save on hiring a vendor, you can set up your own backdrop, and place a camera on a tripod to capture the ‘photo booth’ images on soft copy.
Wedding Entertainment ($500 – $1,000)*
Recommended vendor: White Ribbon Live Music, for your own special love song
Made up of seasoned singers and musicians, White Ribbon Live Music draws on their exclusive talent pool to make sure that you get the best soundtrack for your wedding day. Local singer-songwriter Ruth Kueo stands as the founder – and with her co-founder, Ashton Koh – gathered experienced and talented music performers to create a strong team with versatile style. Their talent and knowledge in singing allow them to create new arrangements for the songs they play on various occasions – making sure that no performance is ever the same. This paved the way for them to play over 500 different weddings and events in the country and abroad successfully. They also continuously update and expand their repertoire to keep up with the ever-changing music scene.
Upon request, their musicians can write and compose the song that conveys your love story, which makes the matrimony more special and unique on its own. Know more about them here, and you might just have found the melody that resonates the most with you.
On average, hiring a 2 piece band is around $1,000 – $1,300, while a 3-piece band cost around $1,300 to $1,600.
For emcees or wedding singers/band, budget around $500 – $1,000 for your spending. Here’s a list of Top 10 Wedding Emcees in Singapore.
- Ask a friend to help you emcee. He/she could be part of your bridal party.
- If you have talented friends, you can ask them to perform/sing at your wedding. Alternatively, you could also do it yourself for a memorable evening!
Pre-wedding photography and videography ($1,600 – $2,700)
Photography ($800 – $1,200)
On average, a local pre-wedding shoot ranges from $800 – $1,200. The cost will depend on the number of hours and locations you require. Casual shoots are slightly cheaper. Opting for freelancing or newer photographers will get you slightly cheaper prices too.
Pre-wedding Videography ($800 – $1,500)
On average, a pre-wedding video or a Save the date trailer will cost you about $800 – $1,500.
Videography usually will cost more than photography mainly because the equipment is more expensive, and it takes a longer time to shoot and edit videos.
Destination shoots ($3,000 – $7,000)
If you are opting for a destination shoot, budget about $3,000 – $7,000.
Destination shoot packages on average start from $2,500. The package cost will depend on the country you pick and how many days you require. Do note that airfare and accommodation of the photographer would have to be borne by the couple. You will also need to budget for your own travel cost and expenses.
- To avoid added travel cost for a destination shoot, an alternative is to seek out a local photographer from that destination (that’s what we did in the Philippines).
- Photographers may organize destination shoots to specific countries each year. If you can plan ahead, you can sign up for a cheaper price.
- Bridal studios can offer you added convenience as they are able to take care of your gowns and makeup on top of photography. Bridal packages on average range from $3,000 – $6,000. That being said, be sure to find a reputable boutique with good reviews. Be sure to read through your package inclusions and T&Cs. Some studios do not give all the edited copies and require a top up. Personally, I prefer getting a dedicated photographer of my choice as I get to choose the style I want, but this may be an option for you.
Wedding Dowry ($1,000 – $3,000)*
For Chinese weddings, you will have to prepare for the Betrothal gifts process, also known as Guo Da Li (过大礼).
The groom/his family will also give a dowry (also known as Pin Jin 聘金) to the bride’s parents as a traditional way of showing sincerity. You can decide on the amount you want. Usually, it will be presented in amounts with numbers like 6 and 8. You can purchase traditional packages to present along with the dowry. Read our full guide to Guo Da Li here. Here are the Top 10 Shops to get your Guo Da Li.
Honeymoon ($5,000 – $8,000)
The cost of your honeymoon depends on where you plan to go and how long you plan to stay for. Most couples plan for a 2-week long holiday to somewhere more exotic.
A budget of $5,000 – $8,000 may take you to Europe, US, South Africa, Egypt if you plan early and secure your tickets on a promotion.
- Here’s a guide on how to plan your honeymoon
- Check out the top honeymoon destinations around the world.
- Here’s a guide on getting cheap flights with Skyscanner.
- Scoot flies to Europe destinations – Athens and Berlin – check it out here. You can fly to Santorini for about $300 per pax from Athens.
If you choose closer destinations like Indonesia, Philippines, or Thailand, you can reduce your budget slightly. Though you may want to compensate by staying at a luxury resort which on average costs about $300 a night.
You can fly to Japan and Hong Kong for about $600 – $800 airfare, but accommodation in those countries are more expensive, averaging about $200 – $300 for a small room.
Countries like India and Myanmar are ‘exotic’ and have much cheaper accommodation so you can enjoy more for less. 5-star hotels only cost on average $100 – $200 a night, and they look stunning.
Miscellaneous ($1,000 – $2,000)
You will need to budget a little extra for red packets given out that day to your bridesmaids during the gatecrash, vendors, and for presents and flowers for the family. Other miscellaneous costs include wedding favours, or an after party.
- Buffer about 5 – 10% extra on top of your total budget in case of any last minute expenses.
|Wedding cost||Average||Price list|
|ROM & Solemnization|
+ venue booking
|$2,500 – $7,000|
|Catering / lunch reception|
(for 100 – 150 guests)
|$1,500 – $4,000|
(for 100 – 150 guests)
|$15,000 – $36,000|
|Engagement Ring||$3,000 – $5,000|
|Wedding Bands||$3,000 – $5,000|
|Bridal package||$2,000 – $6,000|
|Actual day photography||$1,000 – $2,000|
|Actual day videography||$1,500 – $3,000|
|Makeup artist & hairstylist||$400 – $800||Price list|
|Attire + makeup for entourage||$500 – $1,000|
|Flowers||$500 – $1,000|
|Pre-wedding photography||$800 – $1,200|
|Pre-wedding videography||$800 – $1,500|
|Wedding planning & styling*||$2,000 – $3,500|
|Wedding cake*||$500 – $1,000|
|Wedding Invitations*||$150 – $250|
|Wedding car rental*||$300 – $600|
|Photo Booth*||$500 – $1000|
|Wedding Entertainment*||$500 – $1000|
|Wedding Dowry (variable cost)||$500 – $3,000|
|Honeymoon (variable cost)||$5,000 – $8,000|
|Miscellaneous (variable cost)||$1,000 – $2,000|
|Subtotal:||$41,000 – $89,000|
|Optional / variable cost:||$10,500 – 20,500|
|TOTAL:||$30,500 – $68,500|
**total costs are rounded up for easier viewing
Remember, planning your budget at the start will help you greatly, especially when it comes to making decisions later on. You can always refer to it as a guide so you do not get overwhelmed by choices, and it allows you to see where you can cut costs on. Stay tuned to our next issue for cost saving tips for your wedding. If this article helped you, please share it on Facebook and with your friends, especially those also planning for their wedding.
Ready to plan your wedding? Here is a wedding guide to help you with your planning.
This post was brought to you by The Wedding Vow. All opinions remain writer’s own. For more information, kindly refer to our copyright & disclosure policy.